Ford Mustang Forums banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Woody's videos are not only packed with quality content but they are highly entertaining. I love the random thoughts and sayings that come out of him. LOL!!! Best money I have ever spent on any training material.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wanted to jump in here after stopping by Woody's shop today to drop off a rotating assembly for balancing and give you all a glimpse into what goes on there lol.

Jim and Nicole simply put were awesome....even while my 4 year old buzzed Jim's tower with a woodchip outside while he helped me bring in everything. Yep you read that right, the guy is clearly "a little busy..." as alot of folks know on here. He took time out of what he was doing to talk and help me out on which way I plan to go with suggestions.

I also have a close friend that bought a 347 kit from him and the block split on like the first road test. Jim immediately stood behind his work and told him to bring it in so he could look at it. Im not going to get into all the details on what Jim did but my buddy was very impressed.

If you are thinking about going with Jim, do it.
Great people, small shop, and does the right thing....

Mike

·
Registered
744 Posts
Vids of heads / intake swap?

I'd be willing to join if there are videos of stuff like the GT40 head and intake swap...is this the ticket? Sounds like its mostly bench/stand assembly....Will I have access to the whole library of videos specific to the work needed right away?

·
Vendor
12,204 Posts
I'd be willing to join if there are videos of stuff like the GT40 head and intake swap...is this the ticket? Sounds like its mostly bench/stand assembly....Will I have access to the whole library of videos specific to the work needed right away?
There wont be any head, intake swap stuff. That stuff is out there and done by every magazine for the last 20 years. This is alot deeper about small block ford engine building. Yes you have access to everything, currently 225 or so videos.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Youre really going to call what Woody does bench/stand assembly? Then in the same paragraph want a video of how to do an intake swap? LoL :blam:

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
I just joined for a year!!!
You will really enjoy it and learn a lot from him. What you need to do is keep a note pad handy and make notes as he goes. I keep telling myself to make notes so I don't forget all of the tips etc.that he gives out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You will really enjoy it and learn a lot from him. What you need to do is keep a note pad handy and make notes as he goes. I keep telling myself to make notes so I don't forget all of the tips etc.that he gives out.
I pay more for a months worth of cable. I've watched a few videos and so far I'm loving it

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Better yet, have Woody build it. I just plunked down half $$$ on a Dart based 363. It'll be stuffed by a V4-XX trim. I'm even going to send my cam to him for installation/degreeing. Now I need to figure out if my 75lph injectors will be big enough...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ok, So i haven't really read to many of the posts. I currently have a 1989 Fox LX convertible. Stock 96k Miles. Waiting to go on is a Tmoss ported lower, GT40 tubular upper, GT40X Heads, and an Anderson Cam. I'd also be installing fuel upgrades. Will this site benefit me with the video tutorials I need. I've done some engine work before but I do consider myself a total newb. Money is an issue and I can only do the work myself as opposed to paying a shop.

·
Vendor
12,204 Posts
Ok, So i haven't really read to many of the posts. I currently have a 1989 Fox LX convertible. Stock 96k Miles. Waiting to go on is a Tmoss ported lower, GT40 tubular upper, GT40X Heads, and an Anderson Cam. I'd also be installing fuel upgrades. Will this site benefit me with the video tutorials I need. I've done some engine work before but I do consider myself a total newb. Money is an issue and I can only do the work myself as opposed to paying a shop.
Not really, what you are doing is simplistic google type of parts replacing. My site is more in depth in the engine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Woody is one nice guy! He really helped me out and has been so helpful whenever I had to call and ask anything related to a sbf! I'd definitely recommend his videos to anyone who wants to build a solid sbf

·
Registered
373 Posts
Woody can you post a link to website so I join members ship?
Thanks B,

141 - 158 of 158 Posts