Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST RECIEVED MY EMAIL FROM SBF AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS ON THE SITE. CONGRATS ON THE LAUNCH

·
Registered
895 Posts
Got my email as well. Stuff ive always wanted to learn, now if I have the time with work and family.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yea that $20 a month seems a bit steep, i pay that much for my gym membership. but i still may have to get it any way

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
im sure its worth it..the 2 min video on the bur on the oil ring land was good info

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree that $20/mo is a bit more than I would be willing to pay, not if I was building motors all the time though. That's not to say I wouldn't pay for a month just to catch up on all the vids. There are currently 85 available with more added monthly. I also understand the cost involved with running & maintaining a website, especially with video content on servers. With that being said I personally would join at the $10 price point but either way I wish sbfbuilding the best of luck and I know people who are willing to to explore the site will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea the way he explained it in the video is understandable and true about the forum ######## cuz we have a few here and alot on sn95forums but i would def. feel better about paying $10 or just pay when its time to re-do my motor

·
Vendor
12,200 Posts
Hey guys there is currently 3,964 mb worth of video in the members area. If I could lower the price I certainly would, between the time to shoot and edit and serve, 19.95 was my magic number. Take a peek and join if within 3 days you dont like it and its not for you, I will refund you 25.00 instantly. Zero hassles

·
Registered
439 Posts
when I get the time to sit and pay full attention I am planning on the go for it mentality with at least a month subscription. money is tight as always but 20 isnt too big of a sacrifice to pick up some genuinely great advice.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea im gonna try it reguardless just because its something i always wanted to learn and my previous engine builder was a dick, so the reassurance is pretty much what im paying for

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
i bet its the best 20.00 ill spend for a month..way i look at it , is if i see something i have have done wrong it will be worth the 20.00 not to do it again, putting together a motor for a newbie (not me) it could save them way more then 20.00..ill watch it just for the info and entertainment valve

·
Registered
533 Posts
20$ dollars a month is very reasonable considering the time and effort involved as well as the knowledge you will gain, knowledge is priceless as far as i see it, you will get 20 years plus of PROFFESSIONAL knowledge that woody has and is willing to share, if you dont want to pay then dont its your decision and your money but $20 dollars doesnt go any where now a days. Just my 2 cents

·
Dean Scheidt
3,423 Posts
Hi Woody,
Congrats on launching the new website.

It sounds like this will be a great resource for anyone wanting to build their first small block Ford....correctly....the first time. It would definitely be worth $20/month while performing an engine build. Is there is a minimum membership term? I'm assuming you can be a member just long enough to complete an engine build.

Dean

·
Vendor
12,200 Posts
One month is the minimum. Let me explain this a bit different I guess.

I am adding 8-12 new videos a month, there are currently 85, your new videos you will see as a member are based on your join date and will be made available to you every week, you will be notified of the updates.

Also there is no end goal to the website as far as content. This is not a hand holding start at step 1 through step 200 build your engine layout type of site. It is videos that cover everything I go through and encounter when working on these engines. In depth product reviews, forums etc... The entire goal was to help a guy not shatter his new junk with a simple oversight or mistake.

So accept my apology if I made it seem like it was a step by step site.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I was super excited when i got my email about it being finished, but i can't see myself paying $20/month until i am ready to build another engine and need a few tips... I can't imagine how much work went into the creating/videoing for this, but i am gonna have to wait until i need the info to justify a monthly rate.

Awesome job though, and good luck!

·
Registered
188 Posts
For the time and money spent on making all these vids and the knowledge he is sharing is worth way more then 20 a month IMO. Try to go to a machine shop somewhere and ask if you can watch them do some of the things woody is showing in these vids and explain why they are doing it and how it is done and see how that works out. The information you will get from his site is incredible.

·
Dean Scheidt
3,423 Posts
I am adding 8-12 new videos a month, there are currently 85, your new videos you will see as a member are based on your join date and will be made available to you every week, you will be notified of the updates.
Regardless of when someone joins, all previous videos will be available for viewing, correct? For example: if someone waits several months to join and there are 140 videos, they'll have immediate access to all of those previous videos, correct?

·
Vendor
12,200 Posts
Regardless of when someone joins, all previous videos will be available for viewing, correct? For example: if someone waits several months to join and there are 140 videos, they'll have immediate access to all of those previous videos, correct?
No its opposite. The new videos added weekly are based upon your join date. Like a magazine subscription. If you join a mag in june you get from june on, you dont get the back issues.

·
Dean Scheidt
3,423 Posts
No its opposite. The new videos added weekly are based upon your join date. Like a magazine subscription. If you join a mag in june you get from june on, you dont get the back issues.
Do you ever get access to the previous videos?

So in my previous example and based on what you said above, I would never have access to the 140 previous videos?

1 - 20 of 158 Posts