Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who runs pony's w/ a TC rear?

I'm planning on getting some white ponys, and was wondering how they'll fit with my TC rear? I'd lik to go with 245/50/16's. What size tire do you guys run with them? I have 225/60/15's now, and they don't rub. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll be swapping mine in next weekend. On my Pony's now are 225-55/16's. I have a used set of 245-50/16's laying around in the event of rubbing problems. 225-50/16's should work. I'll let you know next weekend.

Matt

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I have heard that the extra axle and 245s have issues on the ponys. Rolling fenders would be a must.

Personally, buy the North Cobra brackets and keep the stock offset.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to change the brackets or anything. Rolling the fender's isn't a problem though. I'll just have to try and see.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Matt90GT - what do those brackets do? I'm pondering this too with tires.

Matt

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
They allow you to run the stock length axles with the TC brake setup. This does not cause tire to fender issues and allows you to run the same offset wheel on all 4 corners so you can rototate. This is more important with 9" wheels.

http://www.northcobras.com/panda.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got my TC rear in today. No rubbing at all. 245 - 50 - 16 on pony wheels. Car is stock height though.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I'm running 245/50's on ponys they don't rub at all with the eibach rear drag springs, but the fenders where rolled when I got the car.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Rednotch - Where from in south Jersey? I live in Pennsauken. You have the TC rear? I gotta see how it looks cause I'm swapping mine in this weekend. Did you try 225-55-16's first or did you go right for the 245's?

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts