Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Go to the Pro M website. There are tons of you tube videos on there that explain a lot.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts

I suppose you could consider this a canned tune since the base load, fuel, and spark tables come with it. its not at all like a canned tune you get from bama or sct. it has worked on well in every one of my multiple engines.

as far as being optimized, im very happy with it as is. is there more power to be made, perhaps a few. but when i say ive had nothing but perfect drivability for every single one of my engine combinations, i wouldn't be lying.

In my driveway, everything out of the box, 408, afr 185 heads, Vortech v3, Anderson b31 cam....just about 600 to the wheels and amazing torque. thats with the stock tables that come with the pro m. the "tuner". wanted $1000 to retune it to be optimized. maybe i wouldve gained a few ponies but not worth $1000.

why would i buy an engine management system just for someone else who thinks x should be this and y should be that?

whats the point of using a calculator if you're going to count on your fingers?
$1000?! Your tuner sucks, mine charged me $300 and we found another 40hp over my constrictive dial in setup. These new systems are easy as hell, we were done in a few pulls in an hour. But, he knows Holley very well. You’ve probably got a bit left as well with your specs.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
$1000?! Your tuner sucks, mine charged me $300 and we found another 40hp over my constrictive dial in setup. These new systems are easy as hell, we were done in a few pulls in an hour. But, he knows Holley very well. You’ve probably got a bit left as well with your specs.
i agree 100%. but he is only 1 of 2 "mustang tuners" here in ny. And he is the better of the two.

Why am I going to pay someone else to learn my system? thats stewbid.

I do feel there might be some left but I feel another engine swap coming so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
let's say i had an sct chip. new cam: retune fee
switch shorties to longs: retune
change heads-retune
and on and on.
adds up quickly

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
i agree 100%. but he is only 1 of 2 "mustang tuners" here in ny. And he is the better of the two.

Why am I going to pay someone else to learn my system? thats stewbid.

I do feel there might be some left but I feel another engine swap coming so it doesn't matter.
My point is to find someone competent enough that they aren't learning your system. Problem with the Pro-M is I'm pretty sure it's outsold by like 30 to 1 compared to the Holley. GM and Mopar people using the Holley too, therefore it's more widely used, understood, and known. If you have to compensate a tuner for learning, you've absolutely picked the wrong tuner and interface.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
My point is to find someone competent enough that they aren't learning your system. Problem with the Pro-M is I'm pretty sure it's outsold by like 30 to 1 compared to the Holley. GM and Mopar people using the Holley too, therefore it's more widely used, understood, and known. If you have to compensate a tuner for learning, you've absolutely picked the wrong tuner and interface.
or picked the right system because i dont have to "tune it' in the first place.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
or picked the right system because i dont have to "tune it' in the first place.
facepalm I can promise the spark table in that can tune un-touched is not optimal for your specific setup. If you believe that, great. I'm happy for you.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
maybe it is maybe it isnt. Im not paying someone to find out. Car runs beautiful as is.

you can say the same for factory tunes.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
so every time i want to change something on the engine i have to bring it to a tuner to be "optimized"? why would I buy an aftermarket system in the first place?

If i wanted to do that i would've stuck with the a9l or get the Holley....

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
so every time i want to change something on the engine i have to bring it to a tuner to be "optimized"? why would I buy an aftermarket system in the first place?

If i wanted to do that i would've stuck with the a9l or get the Holley....
Your ProM is the same damn thing man. Nothing is perfect out of the box. They all only adjust fueling. Not timing. Do you know how these things actually work?

Reactions: rmotoman

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Your ProM is the same damn thing man. Nothing is perfect out of the box. They all only adjust fueling. Not timing. Do you know how these things actually work?
Of course i do. I enter basic information. I enter bore, stroke, idle speed, maf transfer function, injector information, adjust low slope for the injectors and then enjoy my car.

pro m adjusts timing and fueling based on load.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The Pro-M controls spark advance and fueling
Does it change timing at all relative to the base table which comes preloaded?

If your tuner charges $1000 for a tune on a n/a engine he’s a POS btw.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My understanding is that it does not make changes to the base spark table and each car would be getting the same base table just Iike a factory car. The end user can still make adjustments to that if they are chasing a few more horsepower.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Does it change timing at all relative to the base table which comes preloaded?

If your tuner charges $1000 for a tune on a n/a engine he’s a POS btw.
yes the spark advance is changed at the given load at the given rpm in tne spark table. Its the same with the fuel table. thats about as far as I understand it btw. im not a tuner.

he said it would be $1000 not because i had an na vehicle, but because I have the pro m.

I have cost him a lot of money by getting the pro m and not going back for a retune EVERYTIME i change something on my engine.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
My understanding is that it does not make changes to the base spark table and each car would be getting the same base table just Iike a factory car. The end user can still make adjustments to that if they are chasing a few more horsepower.
thats correct. the load dictates the spark advance and fueling. it is completely adjustable if you choose to.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts