Ford Mustang Forums banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Man there have been so many threads turning into utter **** shows the past few months.
I think we all know there has been an antagonistic attitude between certain vendors for some time, but what is happening to society in general in the last several years isn't doing much to promote peace and harmony. Add in the "pandemic" (whether you believe it's genuine or not) and all the personal restrictions, and loss of personal freedom, it's taking a heavy toll on all of us. Not a surprising outcome, nor do I suspect is it designed to be.

I think most of us would just like the whole ugly mess to go away and let us get on with our lives. Even as an older person with an underlying heart condition, I would gladly trade these ridiculous lockdowns, and mask wearing for
personal freedom, and the choice to take my car out for a track day, things we all took for granted not so very long ago. I remember a famous quote that those whom would trade their freedom for safety deserve neither.

Not sure even a friendly cars and coffee might end up getting you a citation, and some self righteous cop in your face. I sincerely hope that law enforcement remembers their oath to "serve and protect" when they encounter everyday folks just trying to enjoy their passions. You know, the stuff that makes life worth living.

Jay

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I think we all know there has been an antagonistic attitude between certain vendors for some time, but what is happening to society in general in the last several years isn't doing much to promote peace and harmony. Add in the "pandemic" (whether you believe it's genuine or not) and all the personal restrictions, and loss of personal freedom, it's taking a heavy toll on all of us. Not a surprising outcome, nor do I suspect is it designed to be.

I think most of us would just like the whole ugly mess to go away and let us get on with our lives. Even as an older person with an underlying heart condition, I would gladly trade these ridiculous lockdowns, and mask wearing for
personal freedom, and the choice to take my car out for a track day, things we all took for granted not so very long ago. I remember a famous quote that those whom would trade their freedom for safety deserve neither.

Not sure even a friendly cars and coffee might end up getting you a citation, and some self righteous cop in your face. I sincerely hope that law enforcement remembers their oath to "serve and protect" when they encounter everyday folks just trying to enjoy their passions. You know, the stuff that makes life worth living.

Jay
I agree Jay. I really have no ill feelings towards anyone. My motto is this. If you think someone's parts on their cars can't do something then line up next to them for a friendly grudge race and let's see!

Reactions: mrjody

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree Jay. I really have no ill feelings towards anyone. My motto is this. If you think someone's parts on their cars can't do something then line up next to them for a friendly grudge race and let's see!
You wanna grudge race me it will take twenty minutes on a road course, I'm thinking Autobahn. Shall we? (maybe come Spring LOL).

Jay

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
You wanna grudge race me it will take twenty minutes on a road course, I'm thinking Autobahn. Shall we? (maybe come Spring LOL).

Jay
Lol!!! I tried that and I didn't like it as much as straight line. I have video of that as well just in case any asks lol. It was fun but as soon as you was about to really get into it you had to brake and turn 😂.

·
Old timer
6,107 Posts

161 - 167 of 167 Posts