Ford Mustang Forums banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
150 Posts
Yes.. they were flowed together. It will run 11's. STOCK bottom end 302 with a baby cam. You must be blind if you can't see the light. Have a good day
Then go to the track and prove it like I and many others have before running your mouth. Until then you calling anyone out is meaningless and juvenile.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You mention a baby cam. I went 11.38 at 120.xx mph third pass with box stock aftermarket heads and intake a stock T5z transmission a .060 289 (297) with stock factory block crank rods and entry level probe pistons on California 91 octane piss poor fuel. This is with a 224* at .050” lift intake lobe. Same cam ran 11.12 at 122.xx mph.

Difference is I can talk about what I’ve built and done. Not what I think.

·
Registered
150 Posts
One, it's Audie (Audi is a car maker). Two, you got 28 inches, cool. And 218.CFM not cool. A stock Explorer flows around 195+. Three, how about a picture that not 10 years old!!!!
Congratulations on being able to spell. It’s a shame you don’t understand the value of flowing ports at higher depressions rather than have it corrected to that number.

When I had my Canfield 195 cylinder heads ported the factory intake port was surprisingly good out of the box. It was improved on but matched up very close to advertised. It was also a quiet port thatdidn’t seem to back up at higher lifts when flowed at higher depressions. Especially after a little port work.

The exhaust port was an entirely different story. Noisy as can be. Flowing at low depressions would have made this issue less evident. Port went into the crapper at high depressions even at moderate lift. A whole bunch of time was spent fixing the port. Not just to flow more. But to correct the issue with its design. Now some say that is not such a big issue being it is the exhaust port. But I can tell you the work done did not hurt performance at the track.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yea that is not a true statement. As with any engine setup, it is the combination of parts that will dictate how much timing it will like. Cam timing and compression being the main players. Rule of thumb, give it all the timing it needs to make max power then back it down 2'.
I cannot imagine any dyno session that didn’t try to find optimal timing. I’d be pretty upset.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You mention a baby cam. I went 11.38 at 120.xx mph third pass with box stock aftermarket heads and intake a stock T5z transmission a .060 289 (297) with stock factory block crank rods and entry level probe pistons on California 91 octane piss poor fuel. This is with a 224* at .050” lift intake lobe. Same cam ran 11.12 at 122.xx mph.

Difference is I can talk about what I’ve built and done. Not what I think.
I don't think..I know what it will do. Been doing this for over 35 years.
It would hope it runs that if ita in that light 65 mustang. Thats pretty good for what, 3000 lb car?
Box stock aftermarket heads? Must be some big ones

·
Registered
305 Posts
You are SO obvious - get TF outa here until you bring something of VALUE other than BS to this forum........
YOU are the bullshitter Moss. But thats ok. You just keep on keeping on..hahahaaaa

Bring value? So people buying your so called ported intake is value? You actually think you are giving value?
Go look in the classified section.. someone is selling your world famous ported intake.. not the only one I've seen like that.. a gasket match if anything. Barely at that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lol..guy says he's "outta this thread" but here he is.... So scrolling through post history, you're telling me in ~2.5 years, you went from "custom cam is the way to go" with Ed to "cam companies know best" and also "Ok folks... Trying to get a Holly Systemax 2 from a dude on here... " to gurgling on Big Hogs porting? Who touched you? Or you just KnOw MoRe than the guys who have been doing this longer than you've probably been alive.... Might be able to save some face by walking away at this point but fairly confident everyone here has already mopped the floor with it....
Lmao.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 You have no idea. You don't need to be looking me up.. its the internet. I was led to believe a custom cam was the world savior. Ive never had one . I'm not an engine builder by trade.. I am a racer though..So I never give my secrets away, Never!
I'm a flooring installer by trade. 25 years at the same shop. I am the BEST of the best in that world!
But I can read and put two and two together!

. Then I thought..let's see what this bs hype is about custom cam on bolt on stock bottom ends.. thats just it.. bs! The power level 95% of the bolt on cars are at...ANY off the self cam would do the same thing. That is a fact! I've seen some that actually ran worse than the off the shelf cam.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That is, and always has been the Achilles Heel of The Big Dawg. Talk, talk, talk and yet more talk, and then referred to Facebook or You Tube????????? I just don't get it, Tony you're not so unsophisticated as to not know that the numbers talk and the BS walks. You want legitimacy, time to post time slips or step away from the podium.

Jay
There are many reasons not to post real results. Nothing bad , thats just the way it is. Some people do stuff out in Mexico streets late at night and don't want people knowing!😎
Now he is in people's classified ads causing ****. Mods are definitely asleep at the wheel.
Why you worried about what I'm doing? I intrest you that much?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't think..I know what it will do. Been doing this for over 35 years.
It would hope it runs that if ita in that light 65 mustang. Thats pretty good for what, 3000 lb car?
Box stock aftermarket heads? Must be some big ones
When was the last time you raced at the dragstrip? What did your car run?

what I built in my garage was really nothing special. The results far better than many expected back in the day. Today it is much more common.

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si @10 psi Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
219 Posts
my gt40 results
EF4ED913-F62B-4AA8-8F84-566E211D20D5.jpeg
Not na but here are my results with Tomas ported lower (actually it was an MMoss ported lower. (Matt is his son)
306,Untouched 20 year old preformer heads 1.60/2.02 valves,1 5/8 Shortys, cam is 222/232 572/566 115 deg
65 mm throttle body gt40 tubular upper, Vortech v3 si 6.87 x 3.33 about 13 psi at 6k. 520rwhp/460tq
Sharp drop off at 6k could be from upper/lower combo? But my tko prefers to shift at lower than 6k rpm anyway.
-Anyways...I’m happy!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mrjody is a street racer guys. If he says it runs 11’s it probably runs high nines minimum.

Mrjody, I run a custom cam. There were no shelf cams like it at the time. I doubt there are today either for a small block Ford. Got the driveability and lowend I wanted for a car I drove around a lot on the street. Then got much of the benefit of a higher rpm build built to go fast. Plus a large spread between peak torque and peak hp which makes it a lot of fun on the street. There were ZERO shelf cams that could pull that off.

The price of the custom cam was very affordable compared to the price of porting the heads and intake. Spent the same money on larger heads and intake then most thought appropriate at the time and got better performance over a much more broad rpm range. The custom cam pulled that off.

Sure there are self cam combos advertised that made high peak hp. I remember the stock bottom end Comp XE cammed AFR 165 headed 302 Car craft did years ago. 406 hp from memory. They put it in a superior Fox body drag car to mine. Gutted Jericho 4 speed etc. Ran something like a 13.2 with the mph to go with it. My engine would run consistent 10’s in that car. Go ahead and Cherry pick highly optimistic dyno sheets all you want to try and prove a point that those of us who have been there and done that know is baloney. Take it to the track and prove it!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ok. I will jump on this with my friends car who just recently dyno'd his 1992 Mustang GT. 306, Performer 1.90 int and 1.60 valves. Has some mild port work. Comp cams blower cam 224/230, Accufab 75mm TB, Cobra upper/lower intake mild porting by TMoss. 1 5/8" BBK shorty headers, 2 1/2" H pipe with 2 cats, Borla mufflers to stock tailpipes. 90mm PMAS Mas, 80lbs injectors, UPR power pipe, Anderson Meth/Water kit through Vortech Supercharger V3 SI w/ 3.33/8 pulleys seeing 14.5lbs boost and tuned with Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. All through a Tremec TKO600 and 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
305 Posts
When was the last time you raced at the dragstrip? What did your car run?

what I built in my garage was really nothing special. The results far better than many expected back in the day. Today it is much more common.
Last year I was at the "track" I'm at the track everyday. It ran damn good numbers for the world I play in. Vehicles and Harleys.
This particular engine of mine has the entire internet in an uproar. They all want to know, and I'll share some of it..but will never tell all. Thats how is it and people understand.
My engine is nothing to special either. Its not a pro.mod built top fuel rocket ship. Not sure why everyone thinks we are talking about a 500 hp 302 with an Explorer intake. You won't see a na 302 with an Explorer intake making 500 na..NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Id trust what those magazine articles say about engines like I trust icewater in hell. Its all blown up hype to get readers. That is a perfect examples..13.2!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Post #19

As far as I know N/A no one has a higher number??? 396rwhp 419tq

I have the timing dropped now being its a daily driver and still makes 377hp at the tires this is with a T56 behind it.
I am still doing some tuning on this car so it may have some more hp in it. Megasquirt so I'm learning.

Regardless this build is for me so I'm just enjoying building it and the learning that comes from it. BUT one day when I feel the car is 100% done on the cobra intake. I have a TFR sitting on the floor and we will see how much power this intake makes compared to an off the shelf R. When I do it I will dyno the cobra pull and then go get dyno numbers on the R right after.

I'm not sure your CI but keep in mind if its a 308 you will have to turn that motor more RPMs then me for max power.
Str8, have you since been able to produce an MPH slip that supports this dyno run? I know back in the original thread your car had some issues that needed to be addressed, but the dyno run, and the ensuing MPH numbers didn't correlate.

I'm not trying to call you out, or cause you grief, I have nothing but respect for your journey and posting all relevant information to show full transparency, but would like some clarification of what seemed like a less than conclusive result. I thank you for your valiant work regardless of the outcome.

Jay

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Str8, have you since been able to produce an MPH slip that supports this dyno run? I know back in the original thread your car had some issues that needed to be addressed, but the dyno run, and the ensuing MPH numbers didn't correlate.

I'm not trying to call you out, or cause you grief, I have nothing but respect for your journey and posting all relevant information to show full transparency, but would like some clarification of what seemed like a less than conclusive result. I thank you for your valiant work regardless of the outcome.

Jay
No not yet only been to the track once. But hope to get some track times in the next few months. I could be wrong but I don't think its hard to believe my numbers with a 363 if I was making 425hp then I would be in a hurry to get to the track for me to also see the results. With 2 kids at home 11 and 8 year old time isn't my friend. But it will happen and good or bad y'all will get the results.

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
One, it's Audie (Audi is a car maker). Two, you got 28 inches, cool. And 218.CFM not cool. A stock Explorer flows around 195+. Three, how about a picture that not 10 years old!!!!
Uh, excuse me for missing the "e" and you obviously didn't read the post - that was a stock lower running a stock length ported upper, and it was flow testing the #1 ****ty runner. So, if we use the 195 you say then the gain was 23 cfm from porting the stock length upper. We flow tested the upper before porting the welded lower to establish the gain from the upper and then get a final after porting the lower. Let's see some of Tony's shop pics from 10 years ago. You really need better cognitive skills.

and the "old" picture demonstrates how long we've been at this and in this forum, can't see how that is somehow "negative".

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Man there have been so many threads turning into utter **** shows the past few months.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Uh, excuse me for missing the "e" and you obviously didn't read the post - that was a stock lower running a stock length ported upper, and it was flow testing the #1 ****ty runner. So, if we use the 195 you say then the gain was 23 cfm from porting the stock length upper. We flow tested the upper before porting the welded lower to establish the gain from the upper and then get a final after porting the lower. Let's see some of Tony's shop pics from 10 years ago. You really need better cognitive skills.

and the "old" picture demonstrates how long we've been at this and in this forum, can't see how that is somehow "negative".
Moss please keep me out of your conversation because everything you request from us we can provide.
Here's a grudge race that one of my Customers cars (Camaro) did back in 2008 against a bolt on Fox. We built this car from the ground up including chassis, suspension, motor, all the porting (parts were flowed at my buddy's shop at the time on his SF600), transmission, rear end, bodywork, custom painting, the whole exhaust was fabricated by me and all the efi tuning. Motor is 350 Chevy, ported iron Sportsman 2 heads, converted 2bl tbi multi port system that was all ported by me, comp 262 cam with 212/218 installed -6 degrees, 1.6 rockers 1.75" long tubes ported, 700r4 trans with 3200 stall. Dynoed 410whp/425wtrq. Ran mid 11s on a 16" drag radial at 3,600lbs race weight.
We do a lot more than just port. I've been building, painting and grudge racing since the early 90s.
I also own Bigdogs Custom and Collision. Look it up! https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1916968365100958&id=1070338293097307

Reactions: 2dxtrm and mrjody

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Oh and before anyone asks here's a copy of the dyno sheet. If you want older pics I have some older early 90s shop pics of cars and motors we were building on Polaroid! Smh

Attachments

Reactions: 2dxtrm and mrjody
141 - 160 of 167 Posts