Ford Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
True porters provide their customers with before and after flow results and videos that way they can see where their money went.
You can make great power with a Explorer gt40 manifold when you properly port the uppers, lowers and test your results before and after to make sure your gains are all in the right place.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Professionals do not test measure their work with sockets.

Professionals use a flow bench to show back to back comparisons before and after. Everyone I have ever seen flows them to see what is going on. Not a quick finger and sandpaper job and call it ported.

But thats ok. Word is getting around who is doing what and who isn't doing what.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
That's not the correct way of doing it. It might work for a short time but eventually it will fail. Any good porter should also know how to tig weld. We weld areas where we bust through that way the part lasts. I would be very weary about a porter that uses epoxy to fill in port holes on his customers parts. What else is he skimping on.
As long as the correct epoxy is used, applied correctly, and no sockets bounce off it, it should live a long happy life. 😉

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
As long as the correct epoxy is used, applied correctly, and no sockets bounce off it, it should live a long happy life. 😉
If you want to run Walmart expoxy on your vehicles go right ahead. Smart people know better and wouldn't risk their precious motors being cheap and not properly welding up the areas. I've seen too many failed epoxy jobs to ever use it to seal up busted through ports. Smart people know better. ✌

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you want to run Walmart expoxy on your vehicles go right ahead. Smart people know better and wouldn't risk their precious motors being cheap and not properly welding up the areas. I've seen too many failed epoxy jobs to ever use it to seal up busted through ports. Smart people know better. ✌
Damn!! Wouldn't want that chit on my motor and mine is just a stock 302 with ported parts!😎☕

·
Registered
748 Posts
Professionals use a flow bench to show back to back comparisons before and after. Everyone I have ever seen flows them to see what is going on. Not a quick finger and sandpaper job and call it ported.

But thats ok. Word is getting around who is doing what and who isn't doing what.
Where are the ported explorer flow numbers people have been asking you about for the last few months that you refuse to disclose?

·
Registered
10,982 Posts

Professionals pull test depressions at 28"

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Flow is good but isn’t it all about getting the air to speed up too?
Too much air will reach sonic. Once that happens airflow will stall. Besides stock length gt40s once the upper and lowers are ported properly are pretty hard to beat hp wise from idle to 6100rpm.

Reactions: LeadFootRebel

·
Registered
305 Posts
Where are the ported explorer flow numbers people have been asking you about for the last few months that you refuse to disclose?
Look on Bigdogs Porting page or look them up on YouTube. They has all kinds of flow numbers many different things. There is ported Explorer intakes on there.
As far as "my" intake and heads and everything else that was ported... its well over 300 and the rest, thats a secret! My engine is a daily driver,millions of them out there. It makes stroker power on a bone stock bottom end. Why? Because everything is matched!
Just know it will destroy that SM2 intake.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Key words. "It should" Thats like saying the world is flat. In time, the epoxy will fail. It could be sooner or later. But when it does and it gets sucked down someone's engne... BOOM.
Its a quick way to patch up something.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Professionals pull test depressions at 28"
Is that what you use? You have a flowbench? You check before and after? You don't have a flow bench and don't check before and after so how do you know what anything flows?
Finger and sanderpaper job and call it ported?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I thought that’s what Tmoss does. He has a porting business right??

·
Registered
908 Posts
Look on Bigdogs Porting page or look them up on YouTube. They has all kinds of flow numbers many different things. There is ported Explorer intakes on there.
They has it all on that there youtube thingy and since its on the internet it gotta be true, so there you big fat ninny!

Thread title:
Whats the HP limits of a stock explorer intake

Thread title is NOT: Lets start another BIG DAWG ****storm!!!!!!!!!!

Holy buckets Jody you are a fanboy like none I've ever seen. At least take enough time to not sound like a fourth grader. Can you two tag teaming fools STFU and stay on topic? If you have numbers post them, otherwise no one needs the unsolicited BS. It's become just ridiculous that this has to be in every thread talking about intake flow, gag me with a MFing spoon!

Jay

·
Registered
378 Posts
To answer the OP's original question.....the explorer intake has no horsepower limit. It is the B cam of intakes.

Reactions: willyt and CDW6212R

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
Is that what you use? You have a flowbench? You check before and after? You don't have a flow bench and don't check before and after so how do you know what anything flows?
Finger and sanderpaper job and call it ported?
You are TOTALLY ignorant, so best you keep your mouth shut and not look the fool. We do in fact have an Audi digital flow bench fed with 240v with 12 motors and a motor speed controller that pull to 28" and have posted uninflated results that align closely with other professional flow tests over about 15 years.

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
In the above pic from 2011 you can see my right hand on the speed control to attain and hold 28" of vacuum and in my left hand is the test data capture switch for each runner. In this picture I had worked on an upper and was testing it on a stock lower to see what improvements were on some work I did on a stock length upper. We don't test pieces individually when determining work on different intakes, that's not how the engine uses the intake.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Just in case anyone wants to argue with tmoss about anything gt40/explorer, you should know that he has been doing this stuff FOREVER. Ive been in the fox mustang world for 30+ yrs and have zero doubt he would lead you astray on anything SBF related. I can't count the amount of valuable knowledge I've gained from his posting and presence on this forum. I learned how to port gt40 stuff from him and there is no one else I'm aware of who has taken anything gt40/explorer to its limits. He doesn't keep secrets and shares what he knows. Him along with Woody, Ed, O'Neil to name a few, are what makes this forum so resourceful. There isn't much these guys haven't seen and they will call out any BS in a hurry. You can either appreciate their valuable input or start a pissing match that will bring you crashing back down to earth the hard way. YouTube and Facebook have become a shameless self promoting click bait BS platform. Google isn't much better now that its programed to feed and manipulate you with the BS it thinks you want to hear. Fact is you can't change the laws of physics with over-optimistic use of a die grinder and lots of jb weld.

·
Registered
305 Posts
They has it all on that there youtube thingy and since its on the internet it gotta be true, so there you big fat ninny!

Thread title:
Whats the HP limits of a stock explorer intake

Thread title is NOT: Lets start another BIG DAWG ****storm!!!!!!!!!!

Holy buckets Jody you are a fanboy like none I've ever seen. At least take enough time to not sound like a fourth grader. Can you two tag teaming fools STFU and stay on topic? If you have numbers post them, otherwise no one needs the unsolicited BS. It's become just ridiculous that this has to be in every thread talking about intake flow, gag me with a MFing spoon!

Jay
So what is your .02? You have nothing to say about the limits of the intake..because you don't know!

Fan boy? I'd say more of a satisfied customer who got what I paid for. Not ramrodded up the azz with some bullshit work like the other porter. Yeah..I ll say it.. BULL **** PORT WORK! If I did work like that in my line of work I'd be laughed out of town...

And you moss.... you keep doing what you do.. You'll reap the rewards. Word is spreading around ..not just words.. your work speaks for itself. I'm getting out of this thread.. OP, Hope you got info you asked for. You get the puppet masters tag teaming on this forum to keep the game to themselves without being exposed.
Moss you do bullshit work. And if anyones wants a custom cam..call and have it cut yourself if you know what you want. If not, on most bolt on builds..you do not need a custom cam. I mean if it makes you feel good..go right ahead.
Pathetic the bushit that goes on on this forum

81 - 100 of 167 Posts