Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wow guys. I don’t know anything about big dog porting. But I have done business with Ed Curtis a few times. The guy is “no post count master” He is a highly educated performance business owner. He is extremely knowledgeable about SBF performance. Not taking sides here. Just letting you know my experience.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow guys. I don’t know anything about big dog porting. But I have done business with Ed Curtis a few times. The guy is “no post count master” He is a highly educated performance business owner. He is extremely knowledgeable about SBF performance. Not taking sides here. Just letting you know my experience.
Its all good man. I have no "problems" with Ed, my argument with him is a custom cam is NOT a magic thing on a street engine. With any off the shelf cam with someone's combo and the number they are after does NOT require a custom cam. Anyone can call up comp or any other cam manufacturer and have a custom cam grind for them..ANYONE.

·
Registered
642 Posts
There are plenty of people out there with a great wealth of knowledge about engine performance. Its the whole chocolate and vanilla thing right? Of course, all set ups don’t need a custom cam. I was an off the shelf type of guy before I got my first custom cam. The nice thing about a custom is you can get everything you want out of it. And, I agree that anyone can call comp or any other cam company and have a custom cam spec’d. Over the years all of these guys develop a reputation. Ed’s is great, therefore a lot of people choose to work with him. There are some other cam guys on this site that have. Great Reputation as well.
I just wish everyone could at least be respectful toward each other. Not that you were disrespectful. Just in general. We are all here to learn from each other.

·
Registered
923 Posts
How much rear wheel horsepower on a Dynojet should I see on this combo? 306, Fully hogged out "ported" Edelbrock Performer RPM heads 2.02 1.60, intake ported to 1262 gasket and exhaust ports exit bigger than a 1 3/4" header pipe but we are using 1 5/8" SVO shorty headers, 2 1/2" exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers, unported lower GT40 intake, 30lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, stock fuel lines, X303 cam and the original Kenne Bell 2.2L Blowzilla with Dynotech Flowzilla inlet with 75mm Accufab throttle body and 75mm MAF. Has 3.5" tubing from big air filter to TB. Seeing 12psi boost.

This is a serious question.

·
Registered
642 Posts
550 rwhp??

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
When was the last time we raced flow benches??? :LOL::ROFLMAO: We keep waiting for these un-suspicious amazing results and we just don't see them yet.......... lots of BS going on though,,,,,,,,based on our experience, with a 306-308ci engine 330-340hp/360-390tq to the tire on a fully ported STOCK length GT40 style intake with the good heads and the right cam choice is about it below 6,000 rpm. That is a very well coordinated combo. Boost makes up for a LOT........

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
How much rear wheel horsepower on a Dynojet should I see on this combo? 306, Fully hogged out "ported" Edelbrock Performer RPM heads 2.02 1.60, intake ported to 1262 gasket and exhaust ports exit bigger than a 1 3/4" header pipe but we are using 1 5/8" SVO shorty headers, 2 1/2" exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers, unported lower GT40 intake, 30lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, stock fuel lines, X303 cam and the original Kenne Bell 2.2L Blowzilla with Dynotech Flowzilla inlet with 75mm Accufab throttle body and 75mm MAF. Has 3.5" tubing from big air filter to TB. Seeing 12psi boost.

Those 30lb injectors are gonna be holding on for dear life.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yea. Probably need 42# or 60#

·
USAF retired
9,308 Posts
Why leave anything stock?!? :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
When was the last time we raced flow benches??? :LOL::ROFLMAO: We keep waiting for these un-suspicious amazing results and we just don't see them yet.......... lots of BS going on though,,,,,,,,based on our experience, with a 306-308ci engine 330-340hp/360-390tq to the tire on a fully ported STOCK length GT40 style intake with the good heads and the right cam choice is about it below 6,000 rpm. That is a very well coordinated combo. Boost makes up for a LOT........
Racing flow benches?? Right cam? Custome cam to get that 330-340 rw? Hahahaaahaa
I'm going to exercise my 5th amendment right at this time.

·
Registered
305 Posts

You don't have enough fuel pump or injectors. It will go lean very quickly!!. You can raise the fuel pressure to compensate for the 30 lb injectors a little,but that fuel pump will NOT work.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Agreed on fuel pump. Need at least a 255 lph.

·
Old timer
6,107 Posts
Racing flow benches?? Right cam? Custome cam to get that 330-340 rw? Hahahaaahaa
I'm going to exercise my 5th amendment right at this time.

Reactions: Decipha and tmoss

·
Registered
305 Posts
Let's just all take a deep breath. People use use services for their own believes. With that being said. I hope everyone has a great day and a much better year than the last and all their projects turn out how they wish. WOT!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Now it has 255lph fuel pump,42lb injectors and 90mm Lightning MAF

The old 2.2 KB system has 400rwhp as a tough level to pass with the GT40 intake and no intercooler. You have 12psi but no mention of myth injection, which it needs with those high IAT's. I'd guess it'll be around 400hp, you need to work on the intake and IAT's, heads and cam could help some too.

Reactions: tmoss

·
Registered
923 Posts
So is the combo not good? Should I do something to it get it to make more power? Are the heads sufficient? Cam correct for KBs? Can I make more than 450hp without Meth Injection?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
It is a very good combo/kit but others will tell you of the same limitations I mentioned. You've done what most others have with the 2.2 kit, and then people upgrade more things like the heads and cam, exhaust etc. The high IAT's without an intercooler make most people go to injecting water and/or methanol. Some have gotten more serious and fabricated an air/air intercooler by diverting the discharge from the upper KB plenum, and back around into it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You mean dropping a socket through the ports isn’t a good enough test to prove hp?

41 - 60 of 167 Posts