Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I made 510 rwhp with unported explorer intake and a D1SC Procharger on a 306, with TW170 Pedestal Mount heads. 1.6 RR, e303 cam and professional products throttle body.
When it finally blew up, I took the throttle body off to find a stock throttle gasket. Lmao.
How much boost?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Not exactly sure. At the time I thought it was 11. But later found out that the boost gauge reference line was cracked. Probably more like 15.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Just curious, what if the engine was supercharged? Would the ported explorer still be a restriction at say 350-400rwph? Would there be a noticeable gain from an aftermarket intake?
Depends on what parts are under it.

Great thanks, I guess it's not as much of a restriction with air being forced through.
Boost doesn't change how restrictive something is. Boost is a partial representation of how much intake air density it takes to make a power number.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Not exactly sure. At the time I thought it was 11. But later found out that the boost gauge reference line was cracked. Probably more like 15.
Well 15 proves the manifold is not great. Only made 250-275rwhp n/a than. No way 300

·
Registered
3,784 Posts

Boost doesn't change how restrictive something is. Boost is a partial representation of how much intake air density it takes to make a power number.
Boost is a measure of restriction

Reactions: TaraFirma

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well 15 proves the manifold is not great. Only made 250-275rwhp n/a than. No way 300
Like I said. I am not entirely sure since reference line was cracked. The motor was never on dyno NA. It ran [email protected] mph on street tires in NA form. Not sure what power level that equates to

·
Registered
305 Posts
He does, it's called Bigdawwwgs porting.
Hahahaaaa.... I see you are just another puppet in the 2 ring circus.
Have you used Bigdogs porting? Or are you saying that because you are part of the group that listens to what forum count masters say?
Typical response from puppets.
Just for the the record, my explorer intake destroys the sm2 intake at a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have you used Bigdogs porting? Or are you saying that because you are part of the group that listens to what forum count masters say?
Just for the the record, my explorer intake destroys the sm2 intake at a fraction of the cost.
Any side by side track times between the SM2 and a BD ported intake?
And not for nothing but you swing from nuts too. Just a different pair

·
Registered
93 Posts

Gt40p's and a stock HO cam are under it. I'm guessing the heads are the biggest restriction. Just wondering if a better flowing intake would make any difference. The car has good low rpm torque and I don't want to lose that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The Bigdogs super explorer intake met a dyno atop a 363 on here and made substandard power. Bigdogs is of course claiming that the engine was run with too little timing which is misdirection. 11R heads do NOT want 34 degrees of timing 28 degrees is the sweet spot. IMO this is just a way to make an excuse for a part that under performs.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Are the lower front runners on that manifold welded up from the outside?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Any side by side track times between the SM2 and a BD ported intake?
And not for nothing but you swing from nuts too. Just a different pair
There will be and I'm sure there already is track times...

I'm sure there is.. if you're that concerned..there is plenty of factual proof between the two intakes.
Nutswingers... you sure mention that word enough. You seem to know alot about it.

Anyhow.. I would love to bring up the butcher shops work..and it will come to full attention. So you just hold your daddy's hand and stay tuned!

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Bigdogs super explorer intake met a dyno atop a 363 on here and made substandard power. Bigdogs is of course claiming that the engine was run with too little timing which is misdirection. 11R heads do NOT want 34 degrees of timing 28 degrees is the sweet spot. IMO this is just a way to make an excuse for a part that under performs.
I'm not getting in the middle of that one. I do know there were other issues than what you mentioned.
Hope the OP figured out what he needed to know and good luck with your build I'm outa here

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
28 is not the sweet spot for everybody and I'm not saying the 363 being questioned would do better with 34 either.

With a gt40 upper and ported lower I trapped 130 with a 70mm turbo at 10 -11 psi. With an S trim on same combo trapped 125-126 at 10 psi. 3400 pounds

·
Registered
747 Posts
No [bleep]. It is 25 years of real life experience plus 16 years of corral knowledge base. I have zero affiliation with anyone on this board. You showed up here and jerked bigdawgs [bleep] into your mouth since day one. You are either bigdogs porting in disguise or a ignorant dilettante. I have never seen a poster defend someone with such vigor. If you are not bigdogs porting I hope he knows how bad of a reputation you are giving him.

Send your explorer intake to a independent flow bench along with a sm2 for testing. According to you for $50 total cost including the intake....which is a lot more than a fraction of the cost of a sm2 (you might want to brush up on math) your bigdanks ported explorer intake outflows a stock sm2. Well if that is the truth I will send 100 explorer intakes to bigskanks and pay $500 total for porting and resell them for $50,000 and put Holley out of business.

EDITED To remove personal attacks/inappropriate language.

·
Registered
305 Posts
No jizzface. It is 25 years of real life experience plus 16 years of corral knowledge base. I have zero affiliation with anyone on this board. You showed up here and jerked bigdawgs jizz into your mouth since day one. You are either bigdogs porting in disguise or a ignorant dilettante. I have never seen a poster defend someone with such vigor. If you are not bigdogs porting I hope he knows how bad of a reputation you are giving him.

Send your explorer intake to a independent flow bench along with a sm2 for testing. According to you for $50 total cost including the intake....which is a lot more than a fraction of the cost of a sm2 (you might want to brush up on math) your bigdanks ported explorer intake outflows a stock sm2. Well if that is the truth I will send 100 explorer intakes to bigskanks and pay $500 total for porting and resell them for $50,000 and put Holley out of business.
GUARANTEED it will outflow a SM2! Let's meet somewhere.. brink your sm2 intake and I'll bring a ported Bigdog intake and put some money on it. I have a $1000 thats says so!! I know what the deal is,, I don't need to listen to the forum post count masters.
$50 is what you can buy one of intakes for you dumb azz idiot..Who said anything about a ported intake for $50? Do YOU know anything other than what you read on here??

I showed up here?? I didn't show up anywhere. I've been around the block once or twice

21 - 40 of 167 Posts