Ford Mustang Forums banner

What will it make

10K views 133 replies 25 participants last post by  cwstephens 
#1 ·
Stock short. 5.0
Edlebrock e street. 2.02
Ported by me. 284cfm up from 234cfm stock.
Have to cc heads yet there over 180cc
Angled milled .0120 11.2 comp . .039 squish
Ed cam. 7000 peak.
China funnel web. Epoxied up center runners.
Still working on outer runners. All runners flowed on heads
750hp holley
Long tubes. 1 5/8
Have a victor junior to. But I don't think I will need it. Just need valve springs. Have everything else.

Was going to use my gt40ps Ed. But found a deal on some estreets.

#94 ·
Hydraulic. Compression about 11.1/11.2 depending on flycuting .in process of that . I want it to run on 93. Fun street car. Everyone has a different opinion on that probably

#95 ·
Peak to me .means peak hp rpm.
I should did a solid. Just don't want deal with it.

#99 ·
Peak to me .means peak hp rpm.
I should did a solid. Just don't want deal with it.
Deal with what? Lashing it once and maybe doing the immeasurable task of taking valve covers off to check again once or twice a year? If you’re referencing the reliability I could understand that argument but I think that has also been blown way out of proportion. This is not an insult post just wondering. I have to put that in for all the snowflakes that can’t take criticism. You wanted 7500 rpm and chose a hyd roller that seems like larger compromise than the “short comings” of just getting a solid roller.

Reactions: cwstephens
#100 ·
Coupe in my sig eventually had a 392 with a solid.
Never had any issues. Never really drove it alot tho.
This one is going get driven. So reliability is important .

#101 ·
Well I’m looking forward to what it makes. When is your dyno time?

#106 ·
It seems the compromises made have been poor decisions in the face of reliability. Can 7,500 be done on a hyd roller stud mount rocker? Yes. Is it the correct decision? Not in my book. Also why stop at 7k peak. Rpm just means you change your setup and the powerband you drive in.

Reactions: cwstephens
#107 ·
He’ll be fine. Stock valve location and stock valve angles should be fine with roller rockers below 7500 RPM. I also know that even years back Ed was very familiar with hydraulic roller cams going comfortably over 7000 RPM. He has a lot better stuff to work with nowadays and I’m sure he’s on top of it. If this is all in an early block with a 28 ounce imbalance crank I wouldn’t be the least bit concerned.

#109 ·
Stock shortblock better be internally balanced if any reliable power over 6-6,500 is to be expected. Then at that point, the only stock part of the shortblock is just the block. And then that is just a grenade with the pin pulled. It is a matter of when, not if.

#110 ·
I just checked and it’s a 5.0 L stock roller block. Some people get away with it for a long time and others seem to break mild stuff. Who knows?

50Tussin aka MrBlue runs a stock block to around 7000 RPM in a four-door LTD which runs as fast as 6.7 in the 8th mile and who knows how many passes powershifting with a T5. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are hundreds of passes on that bone stock 50 oz short block.

#111 ·
50Tussin aka MrBlue runs a stock block to around 7000 RPM in a four-door LTD which runs as fast as 6.7 in the 8th mile and who knows how many passes powershifting with a T5. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are hundreds of passes on that bone stock 50 oz short block.
[/QUOTE]

i agree. This is why I went with a Ed cam.
T5 is the weakest link right now.

Life got in the way past few days. So no time this weekend to work on it.

#114 ·
Those pressure traces are from engine mod 4t.
It's about 500x better than desktop dyno.
I wouldn't believe anything desktop dyno says

#125 ·
My kid ripped his labrum in his hip in 1/2
At his work. . I have a pic of that if you want to see it lol.
Just been dealing with that.

#127 ·
Not 100% sure. Think he tore it. Kept going to work,was complaining it was sore. Then it eventually complety tore in 1/2. They put him back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.