Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
237 Posts
I am not surprised a 224 intake lobe went 6900 on yours. Yours seems pretty good. I think the funnel web china is junk. I still working on it. Ya small at entrance. Or was. I can post a pic of when I am done
An untouched Vic Jr made close to 420 on mine on a different dyno. At the track there was no reliable difference and I was fooling around with the combo at the time so any difference noted would not be very scientific. Duane said he could make good power on the dyno with the PFW but didn’t see it transfer well to the track compared to the Super Vic or Ported Jr.

The PFW does have longer runners which people tend to forget. I agree the finish quality in the plenum and runners is garbage compared to the Edelbrocks and Wieand I have. I did throw a little epoxy in a runner that had a bad spot jut to maintain port shape in a small area.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sim says 510 and I am not cheating it. By bs efficiency or afr ratios. But this isn't reality. Until proven.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Duane went mid 6.50 in the 1/8 at 104’ish mph in a Fox body with a C4 with his build. Should translate to a 10.35’ish in the 1/4 mile which I’m sure was a very well set up car. So the power wasn’t just a dyno number.

This is just to show an old example of what a well thought out 302 can do with some rpm (a 1,000’ish more than yours in shift point to be fair) and thought to those thinking 400 fwhp.

I LOVE to read about a build like this as it’s right up my alley. I’m betting you’ll have a ton of fun with this one.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Dyno calculators dont have the ability to factor in your tuning abilities. In the end someone else has build this same engine and posted results.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Someone asked on rockers

I do own a small eng dyno. Only enough for 130hp.
performance trends software. Interia isn't that much.
I can tune my way out of a paper bag.

It's going.in a 94gt,t5,410s my.kids car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Over the years I have learned what is bs in simulation and what isn't. I never gave up on it.like some do

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I LOVE to read about a build like this as it’s right up my alley. I’m betting you’ll have a ton of fun with this one.
[/QUOTE]

Me to. Most are going to say 400hp.cause that's average off the shelf type stuff.

Sort of fun. It's alot of work.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Me to. Most are going to say 400hp.cause that's average off the shelf type stuff.

Sort of fun. It's alot of work.
I made 400 flywheel hp at 6,000 rpm while peaking at 6,900 rpm with my smaller more mild version of what you’re building. You’ll do much better than that.

There were several keywords you said describing the work you have done to the heads and the intake to make me believe you are not the average goofball grinding on cylinder heads. The fact they are Edelbrock E heads means nothing to the power potential now. I do not need the specs on the cam because Ed Curtis will be designing it for a 7,000 rpm peak with no valve relief issues for your specific combo. His cam will make power.

Sometimes it’s cubic knowledge and cubic effort over cubic dollars and cubic inches. Now if we could just combine all four!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Estreet pretty good . Not sure I like flow regime from intake valve around the spark plug. If you look at this stuff. Afr, profiler always build a wall around that by ex /intake valve. Probably helps wet flow. . But lot ssr work and width and steep angles on vj still45 as main, Msca, roof ,width. They flow.
And as always on sbf right wall is hard to get to stay attached. This part isn't easy .took forever .
And someone on here flows at 10" . I would seriously like to see them do this head (or any)at 10"
Ain't happening. Can't see a thing

Reactions: tmoss

·
Registered
237 Posts
And someone on here flows at 10" . I would seriously like to see them do this head (or any)at 10"
Ain't happening. Can't see a thing
Thank you! Doesn’t mean the work done isn’t good or great. CERTAINLY means it’s not definitive. Where are all those results anyway?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Have about 5 pages of that.
20210404_181750.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
There is more. Still think ssr needs more work .
Tried epoxy in right side port. Tried all sorts of stuff. Measure at 184cc 5.050 long

·
Registered
18 Posts
That and I wanted no more rpm than 7000 to keep it a steet car. So obviously just max bmep on decent fuel at that rpm. I can't say cam specs. I gave u alot info. Max rpm. Flows, intake,carb, compression.
I have the benefit of doing my own vj and flow work.which is a huge benefit
I do have a wave simulator and am capable of simulating up very good cams. But I still went with Ed cause I know it will be reliable grind,not excessive valve lift, jerk etc.
I'm just reading and wondering...Are you trying to sell something here? Like your services or something? You can ballpark duration without giving cam card details. No one has a crystal ball. I have the same thing going on, got fast with new shiid, then applied it to old shiid. Waste of time, but fun. But without an idea of duration, no one can predict anything on this....just a waste of time for sure

·
Registered
796 Posts
Did Ed spec your cam for the GT40P's or what you are currently trying to accomplish with the Edelbrock heads ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
No
Not trying to sell anything
I quit doing little stuff long time ago.
Honestly you be better off buying a set of heads done.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I have a great job with benefits. And I know enough that I don't/wouldn't buy off the shelf stuff. I still would like to buy some real heads

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
This just interest me is all. Its been done before with other parts maybe same parts . its nothing new. Just isn't done to often.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts