Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, but what brand of injectors is everybody using with success?
Did you have to make any adjustments to the high and low slopes?

I currently am using Accel 30#.
High slope=28.3
Low slope=29.0 (still working on this)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the Pro-M 75’s, not sure who the manufacturer is. They’ve been good, had to adjust the low slope just slightly.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ID 1300x. They worked very well with the data provided, but I did tweak both the high and low slope data a little bit in the end to make them perfect.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have the Pro-M 75’s, not sure who the manufacturer is. They’ve been good, had to adjust the low slope just slightly.
Those are Lucas injectors. I have used them with success as well. Only needed to lower the low slope somewhat.

I used Siemens 60s before those. Also had great success with them. Likewise minor change to low slope.

I am now running the Deatschwerks 135s. No issues so far. Like the others, minor change to low slope.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the feedback. I would imagine that a standard ford injector like a 47lb one should be tried and true and eliminate any aftermarket mysteries. It seems like no matter the injector, some modification to the slopes is still required.

I will continue on with my Accel injectors for the time being as they worked with the stock A9L and Utune so they should be able to work with Insight.

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,094 Posts

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
it's been awhile but i'm 99% that i didn't, although i did sent my cold side section to chris to have my blow through meter recalibrated

ps: nice '90 light crystal blue (mine originally was light crystal blue, but then painted it '05 windveil blue)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Used Siemens Deka 60#s on past build. Had nothing but trouble on my setup at the time. Look at Ford Racing, plenty of data available for tuning.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Used Siemens Deka 60#s on past build. Had nothing but trouble on my setup at the time. Look at Ford Racing, plenty of data available for tuning.

The Siemens 60s have uncommon battery voltage offsets. If you don't update your tune with the correct offsets you'll run extremely rich. I have the data for them is anyone needs it.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
i thought siemens deka makes all ford injectors...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Updating what I said about my DW 135 injectors. I just discovered that one of my vac caps was rotten. I replaced it to ensure no vac leak. Well, it definitely was leaking. Closed loop subsequently started pulling a little fuel. I set low slope back to provided value of 203 and corrections are now zero. (That's with adaptive fuel turned off.) So no changes made to low slope for DW 135#.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Siemens 60s have uncommon battery voltage offsets. If you don't update your tune with the correct offsets you'll run extremely rich. I have the data for them is anyone needs it.
And this is the issue I was having. I was not tuning it at the time and my tuner said I needed to change them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just curious, but what brand of injectors is everybody using with success?
Did you have to make any adjustments to the high and low slopes?

I currently am using Accel 30#.
High slope=28.3
Low slope=29.0 (still working on this)
I am using 75 lbs pro m injectors

1 - 20 of 26 Posts