Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock block NA 347, H/C/I, ect. Currently running old Ford 24lb EV1 injectors and was looking to upgrade to a 30lb+. My TermX kit hasn't been installed yet, but will be this winter, and I want to have everything ready to go. Should I be thinking of EV6 type injectors? The fuel system is pretty much stock save for a few bolt ons, like a bigger in-tank pump. Also, would like to stick with a high impedance injector as its mostly a street car. Whats everyone else using on their NA setups??

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Any EV6/EV14 style injector will be a big improvement over what you have. I went with the FIC 650cc EV14's. (60lb) Been very happy with them. Even easy to setup in the Holley termx because it has a direct drop down with data for them already done. Really you can run whatever you want as long as you've got good data to go with them to input.

Reactions: kreg90

·
Registered
7,655 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holley needs a specific injector?

weird
Nope, i just like throwing money at my engine...lol. Tbh, I'm only wanting to do it to completely modernize my engine as much as possible. I also went with a Dual Sync dizzy, and oil/fuel pressure sensors. Next will be a wideband gauge in the extra exhaust bung..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm running Ford 42lb injectors with my terminator x. The Holley will adjust accordingly with fuel pressure.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Nope, i just like throwing money at my engine...lol. Tbh, I'm only wanting to do it to completely modernize my engine as much as possible. I also went with a Dual Sync dizzy, and oil/fuel pressure sensors. Next will be a wideband gauge in the extra exhaust bung..
Don't we all do that anyways?

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can run any type of high impedance EV1 injector , just make sure you can get the injector slope voltages and pressure ratings. I use Holley 36lb injectors since all the data was already pre programmed in the drop down menu. This is one parameter you want to get right from the get go.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you want to run EV1 30lb injectors, I'm going to have a set of FMS Red Top Injectors (M-9593-B302) available in the near future. :)

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I have an 86 GT 'vert with a 349, T5 and Holley Terminator X. I'm running Holley 36# EV1s at the recommended 43# line pressure. So far no issues. But whatever you do, be sure to get high impedance injectors. I mistakenly put some Ford Brown Top 36#s in the car and found out they were low impedance. HTX doesn't like low impedance injectors, but it will run and idle - just won't rev over 3200 RPM :(.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I plan on running my current 24lb injectors. Just received my dual sync distributor yesterday. Looks like a nice piece, other than it saying msd.

Waiting on the whole kit yet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: kreg90

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just an update. decided to go with OEM 2013-14 GT500 52lb injectors. I never thought i'd end up with these, but one of the local race shops that mainly deals with newer mustangs had these lying around. Used, under 10,000 km,easy to input into the Holley, $285 CAD. They also have the adaptor plugs for $8 a piece, so thats a bonus. TBH I think I'll be happy with these.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Just an update. decided to go with OEM 2013-14 GT500 52lb injectors. I never thought i'd end up with these, but one of the local race shops that mainly deals with newer mustangs had these lying around. Used, under 10,000 km,easy to input into the Holley, $285 CAD. They also have the adaptor plugs for $8 a piece, so thats a bonus. TBH I think I'll be happy with these.
It's nice how cheap they are... I put a set of those into my 03' Cobra. They'll support 650rwhp and have tons of good data for them. They are a split pattern design but some say it's not really noticeable. Considering how cheap the injectors are, go for it and see how they work for you.

If you end up not doing those, try the LU47's

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
split pattern design
Do you mean the spray pattern? It is a dual pattern injector. My builder assures me they'll still be better than the old stock Ford 24#ers.
FIC 650cc EV14's. (60lb)
Are these single or dual ?

Tbh i didn't think much about the spray pattern until after I had bought them. Oh well, I have 'em now. I can always resell them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts