Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Anyone planning to go to Woodburn, OR for the Mustang 50th Anniversary Parade on 12 apr 14?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys,
New to the forum, not new to mustangs, but new to foxes. Picked up an 89 LX project. I'd be down to get together and see what everyone is running.
I'm in Grapeview
Welcome to Corral, love to see a photo of the LX

Anyone planning to go to Woodburn, OR for the Mustang 50th Anniversary Parade on 12 apr 14?
Was planning on doing it while also picking up a notch in Vancouver, Wa. But that fell through, so not anymore. Looks like a fun meet.

Update: Picked this up yesterday:
Real Black Cobra? :D Looks awesome

Mine...
It's not quite ready to "roll" yet however.

Thats gonna be awesome once you do the shakedown tests for the engine. I have a special place in my heart for Four-eyed notches, always wanted a 4eye notch, but also with T-tops if i'm lucky, and than a 12 pt cage

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes original cobra down to stock airbox. Only mod is flowmaster catback, g brace, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, alarm and 355 gears
Welcome to Corral, love to see a photo of the LX

Was planning on doing it while also picking up a notch in Vancouver, Wa. But that fell through, so not anymore. Looks like a fun meet.

Real Black Cobra? :D Looks awesome

Thats gonna be awesome once you do the shakedown tests for the engine. I have a special place in my heart for Four-eyed notches, always wanted a 4eye notch, but also with T-tops if i'm lucky, and than a 12 pt cage

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some nice cars guys. I haven't heard of the show in OR, BUT I will be flying to NC with some friends for the 50th show. That will be fun.

In terms of my 87, it's got some issues going on, at about 35-40 there is a strange knocking type sound under the car, like something is out of balance and hitting the bottom of the car. After that it stops of I go faster, it happens at any RPM one theory is the exhaust is the cause, it is held up with bailing wire right now. My own theory is maybe someone took the drive shift off and had it rotated 180* when reinstalled. I just ordered new u joints (mine are squeaking and are non greasable) I'm going to replace those, drive it, if it keeps up I'll try rotating it 180. Seem like a sound plan?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes original cobra down to stock airbox. Only mod is flowmaster catback, g brace, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, alarm and 355 gears
Very Nice! Sounds like a great find. :)

In terms of my 87, it's got some issues going on, at about 35-40 there is a strange knocking type sound under the car, like something is out of balance and hitting the bottom of the car. After that it stops of I go faster, it happens at any RPM one theory is the exhaust is the cause, it is held up with bailing wire right now. My own theory is maybe someone took the drive shift off and had it rotated 180* when reinstalled. I just ordered new u joints (mine are squeaking and are non greasable) I'm going to replace those, drive it, if it keeps up I'll try rotating it 180. Seem like a sound plan?
Good thoughts to start looking; if neither of those are the culprit than you might want to look into the axle cv joints or axle shaft, if i remember correctly they will also create a knocking noise on the way out. Best of luck with car

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the idea, last time I had it in the air (before the knock) everything seemed ok. The axles had a little play but it seemed normal for an 8.8 with those stupid C-clips and all... I'm a 9" fan myself (78 bronco has one). Anyways, it used to have some crap drag slicks on it, after I got new rims and tires is when it all started. It feels like either something around the trans or the drive shaft. Once my u joints get here I can start working on it. I got some Pennzoil Syncromesh to help my 3rd gear too. The Syncro is going out and I don't quite have the cash to rebuild it or buy a new trans. Getting a used or junkyard one is risky.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Went to TestnTune on the 15th, saw some nice cars at pacific raceways. I didnt race, dont have tires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What kind of tires do you need? I got some old shoddy slicks if you want em. They are "DOT approved" slicks. Street legal but not very good for the road...

·
Registered
55 Posts
What kind of tires do you need? I got some old shoddy slicks if you want em. They are "DOT approved" slicks. Street legal but not very good for the road...
I just need tires in general, i bought some wheels that came with these federals that are no good. But at the time i still got no $$, and i also wanna get some draglites instead of my cobra wheels too.

·
Registered
287 Posts
psychoII,

Do you work on JBLM by Range Support? I see A silver L there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
psychoII,

Do you work on JBLM by Range Support? I see A silver L there.
No, I don't. I see that silver L everyday I drive by. I will stop by there one day to chat with the owner. I work off Railroad and 20th street.

Have we started the meet ups in Tacoma yet. Everytime I wanna ride up there, it rains. I did a little work on the new addition. Tried removing water marks, polished and wax her up real good. Water marks are a PITA, didn't get them all, but it looks good for 21 year old paint.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Finally found someone to complete GT40P H/C/I for me and the heads and cam are going in/on TONIGHT! Will be measuring for pushrods tomorrow. Should be ready for April 12th at BREMERTON! When/where do you guys want to meet ? The weather is getting way better and daylight is longer?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm in Marysville. I have one or two:)
Hey neighbor!

All, I'm from the Renton/Tukwila area. Just finished compiling all the parts to do a full suspension/5-lug/SN95 Cobra disc swap.

Can't wait to get this done. I'll finally be able to drive this car around on a normal basis.

After that it'll be cam and exhaust time, then gears, and then... and then... and then... LOL

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey neighbor!

All, I'm from the Renton/Tukwila area. Just finished compiling all the parts to do a full suspension/5-lug/SN95 Cobra disc swap.

Can't wait to get this done. I'll finally be able to drive this car around on a normal basis.

After that it'll be cam and exhaust time, then gears, and then... and then... and then... LOL
Did the swap this past weekend. Here's some pics:

41 - 60 of 65 Posts