Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yeah, but your down in Vancouver, if I remember correctly.
Correct! And I would drive back up that way to have someone tune again if I had to. I drove all the way up there to Hobart when jon was around.....

·
Registered
512 Posts
I normally don't post in "local" section... actually, I haven't... LOL!

I'm in the Seattle Area myself.
Just wanted to "shout out" to ya'll in the PNW.

I have an 86' LX I've been working on for a few years now. It's very close to making some shake-down runs for tuning. I'm currently having a camshaft and carburetor designed and the engine goes in permanently. Maybe a few engine dyno runs to make tuning it easier, but I don't know anyone local that I trust yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am new to the site and I live in Puyallup.
I have an 88 coupe that I am currently rebuilding
The motor in and installing heads and intake from
A 97 Explorer. I am new to the area as well.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am new to the site and I live in Puyallup.
I have an 88 coupe that I am currently rebuilding
The motor in and installing heads and intake from
A 97 Explorer. I am new to the area as well.
You got pictures of your build?

It's odd... I see thousands of Mustangs in my area per week, yet very few posts here.

My name is Dana... pleased to see you here.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hey COOP who is setting up your valve train, might they be interested in making some CA$H??? i NEED SOMEONE TO PUT ON MY GT40P HEADS,EXPLORER INTAKE AND COMP CAM...might be good practice for yours?I have all the parts except the pushrods cause I don't know how to determine the length or put them in ...if you have suggestions let me know,I live a few miles away in LAKEWOOD.

·
Registered
512 Posts
hey COOP who is setting up your valve train, might they be interested in making some CA$H??? i NEED SOMEONE TO PUT ON MY GT40P HEADS,EXPLORER INTAKE AND COMP CAM...might be good practice for yours?I have all the parts except the pushrods cause I don't know how to determine the length or put them in ...if you have suggestions let me know,I live a few miles away in LAKEWOOD.
I have "checking" springs and adjustable pushrods if you want to borrow.
Also have a degree wheel if you want to "dial-in" your camshaft.

Cheers,
Dana

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's odd... I see thousands of Mustangs in my area per week, yet very few posts here.
I barely ever see any V8 mustangs in the Bellevue-Sammaish Area, and hardly-ever any Foxes
(not that theres anything wrong with non-v8 mustangs, everyone has their preferences)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
They DO NOT mess around in Bellevue! I have been asked to leave for driving an old domestic WITHOUT collector plates:eeek: I work at Tacoma Mall and there are LOTS of Mustangs but only a few v8 foxbodies .The 2 that interest me the most are a Granny that drives a flawless red LX notch automatic and a straight but badly faded 86 GT with phone dials and flowmasters,driven by a guy who works at Sears tire/service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We don't see many Foxes here in Algona either. The mustangs we do see are normally the V6 later 2000's models. Or the SN-95 models with a 6-er and someone behind the wheel who doesn't appreciate it as a Mustang. I've got a similar problem with my Bronco, most of the people I've seen with one don't appreciate it like I do.

·
Registered
660 Posts
We all need to have a get together one day.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
With the time change and more daylight we can meet at the Firestone at Tacoma Mall after 6 any saturday/sunday as I have the keys and we have covered parking for 8 (if it is nice out we can park many more) and I would be glad to buy burgers/dogs or pizza and COLA (no alcohol outdoors AT MALL PERIOD) -MAYBE APRIL THE WEEK BEFORE TRACK OPENS on April 12 for car club challenge...MY VACATION RUNS FROM APR 13-20 AS WE MAY CLOSE EASTER.I remember reading Silverdale,JBLM,Bellevue,Puyallup,Algona,Marysville,Renton,Seattle,Lakewood and Whitestang is just across bridge! This would be AWESOME -LETS GET THIS GOING!

·
Registered
10 Posts
347HO. Sorry to take so long to reply. I did not realize this seemed to be a pretty popular thread. I will put some pics up soon. I am doing all of my own work except for reworking the heads and block. I would like to meet up with some of you guys like was mentioned. I am new to the area.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We all need to have a get together one day.
Yes!
With the time change and more daylight we can meet at the Firestone at Tacoma Mall after 6 any saturday/sunday as I have the keys and we have covered parking for 8 (if it is nice out we can park many more) and I would be glad to buy burgers/dogs or pizza and COLA (no alcohol outdoors AT MALL PERIOD) -MAYBE APRIL THE WEEK BEFORE TRACK OPENS on April 12 for car club challenge...MY VACATION RUNS FROM APR 13-20 AS WE MAY CLOSE EASTER.I remember reading Silverdale,JBLM,Bellevue,Puyallup,Algona,Marysville,Renton,Seattle,Lakewood and Whitestang is just across bridge! This would be AWESOME -LETS GET THIS GOING!
Having a get together would be awesome, and basically any weekend would work for me.

Also heres a not great photo of my car; say hello if you see it :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Any Saturday or Sunday is good for me also. Just let me know. Here is a pic of my current stable and the fox (older pic, not so shiny now). Thinking of selling the fox, have a transaction pending for something else, more to follow:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
just checked 10 forecast and this sunday shows higest temp 63 with some clouds.is that too soon and are there many anti easter folks out there ,please put forward input into times and dates and locations. 6-10 atendees would be fine ,10+ AWESOME- If we rolled into SONIC 8-10 DEEP would be cool too

·
Registered
18 Posts
It would be cool to meet up one day, however I work graveyard and my only day off is Wednesday night. But if I slept early enough I could wake up and make it. Money is tight so it may take a while but I'd like to make an appearance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
South Sound

Hey guys,
New to the forum, not new to mustangs, but new to foxes. Picked up an 89 LX project. I'd be down to get together and see what everyone is running.

I'm in Grapeview

·
Registered
660 Posts
Update: Picked this up yesterday:

21 - 40 of 65 Posts