Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GT
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for tips on optimal location for where to put in a vacuum port on my 408. Just anywhere on the elbow or is there a better location?

Eledbrock elbow going into a super Victor efi intake. Car will also be supercharged.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Anywhere after the throttle body. Try and avoid getting a vacuum signal off of an individual intake runner. The plenum area is the best.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I always drill and tap the elbow for act and vac ports.

·
Registered
1989 GT
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anywhere after the throttle body. Try and avoid getting a vacuum signal off of an individual intake runner. The plenum area is the best.
Is lower better or closer to the TB more ideal? My elbow has a divider in it but I assume it doesn’t matter.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Ideally, the intake plenum. That is where the strongest vacuum signal is generated. There should be plenty of room either just above where the elbow bolts to the intake or just below where the elbow bolts to the intake.

Reactions: Stangdawg

·
Registered
1989 GT
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drilled and tapped mine in the rear and added vacuum fittings..
I’m thinking I may get the billet distribution block and direct plumb it to the intake. Cleans up the firewall and functional.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I drilled/tapped the threaded holes in the bosses on the Edelbrock elbow normally used for the LS throttle cable bracket mount:

Reactions: Stangdawg
1 - 8 of 8 Posts