Ford Mustang Forums banner

Update on 430W Dyno

3K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  DIAMONDBACK 
#1 ·
Good Day All,

I made a post about a year ago with the specs of a 430W build with the following specs:
Trick-flow 225 R-Series head from Total Engine Airflow (they flow 356 CFM @700 lift intake - 282 @ 700 ex) running Victory 1 Ti intake valve 2.08, Ferrea Stainless steel ex valve 1.6. ?? I currently have a set going on a 430W 13:1 CR and port matched Super Victor Holley 950 XP E-85. Dart Iron Eagle block Lunati Signature series crank, Oliver billet I-beam rods (Speedway series), Diamond pistons, 55mm roller cam journal custom cam specs (744/742 lift - Dur@.50 282/296 114 lobe sep) from LSM. .904 Isky EZ Roll Max bushed lifter, T&D Shaft mount rockers. Will spray a 250 wet shot of NOS on top. Hoping for 750 on motor and close to 1K on the juice.

A couple weeks ago I had the motor dyno'd and we have some preliminary numbers. The motor isn't final, but we're happy with the results so far. I have a YouTube channel that I'm posting vids on. If you like what you see please share and subscribe.

Ford Falcon 430 Windsor
CSM Racing Engines
430 Windsor Dyno pt.1

See less See more
#5 ·
Ahh, I didn't see the corrected numbers on the printout, it was all I could do to fast forward over all the talking :p

#7 ·
I watched it breeze past my 630@6400 peak number and keep going. That extra 1500 RPM is awesome, but expensive.

#21 ·
Rob,

This is preliminary/break in numbers, the data suggests that 750ish will be where it finishes off, but we'll see.

As you can see in the video, the XP 950 E85 carb was no where near calibrated for the motor out of the box. It will be getting worked. I'll update progress is made.

#18 ·
There were mumbling‘s going around about how certain people didn’t like the new 950 Holley carb because it wasn’t making numbers on the dyno and not running numbers on the track. There was talk about the shape of the Venturi and transition to the throttle blade diameter not being ideal. It was on speed talk awhile back.

If it was simply the old much smaller 950 hp (750 main body/Venturi diameter) it would just be radically too small for the combo and acting as a restrict or plate.

By fully porting the intake I am talking about milling the plenum to open it up radically. Maybe even doing some welding to make it work. A properly done sheet metal dual carb intake on an awesome build like this and he could likely meet or very well surpass his 750 hp goal.

#23 ·
65fasback,

We've heard similar mumblings on the Holley XP/HP 950 carb. We'll most likely be sending out to CSU to have it gone through.

As for the heads; we were wondering if the TFS Twisted Wedge 225R,s can support 800 NA? I've heard of the Highport 240's surpassing that number, but we'll find out. Thoughts/impressions on the 225 R's vs. Highport 240's?

#24 ·
The 950 uses a smaller baseplate than an 850. Read this:

I dont think having it tuned by CSU or anyone else is going to make it work like you expect.

#30 ·
Since my car is light with a fair amount of rear gear and a manual transmission I only play around with smaller displacement stuff. That and I really don’t want to tear into this car too bad to turn it into a safe and legal vehicle for single-digit quarter mile runs.

Canfields are on a little pump gas 289 bored .060 with a solid roller. Street/ strip toy. Just a little experiment back in the day to see what good induction (at the time considered way too large) would do. 11.12 and 122 mph in the 1/4.

Twisted wedges are from an old Fun Ford Weekend all motor 310” class racer (Ronnie Mallet by memory). They went 9.60’s with a manual at class weight. Got them for the right price and am planning to put them on a higher compression and rpm 310 E85 build. At that point the Canfield motor will go in a ‘64 Falcon convertible project I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.