Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help on doing a swap.I have a 74 pinto and the complete drive train from a 86? turbo coupe.I have computer harness motor trans and external fuel pump.What size pump do i need to feed the stock pump?And any other things i should look for.This is going to be a stock swap for now till i get some better experance.I just want somthing to play with some rice seeing they wont play with the stang.Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've heard the 255LPH High Pressure Walbro Fuel Pump is great for the 2.3T. I'm going to order one for my ride once she's operational.

Also, check out www.turbotbird.com for more info on 2.3T's

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi there i did a turbo swap to my 87 notchback . i used a motor from a 86 merkur x4ti as well as the computer and vam etc .you need to go to turboford.org there is scamatics and tons of turbo ford junkies . you would be amazed how many peolpe are willing to help so try them out and goodluck !

·
Registered
128 Posts
a regular old low pressure carb pump works well to draw fuel from the pinto tank feed an inline efi pump... if you plan on making more than 225hp or so - a larger efi pump would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I"m doing a video of the turbo swap right now. The forums are really helpful but if you want to see some video footage checkout my videos. Also please give me feedback as I'm struggling with somethings as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts