Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might not be the best place to ask this, but the Ford TTB is basically a Dana 44 strapped to the TIB, so here goes.

I got some very odd alignment behavior going on on my F-X50. For reference, the TTB is out of an early 80's F-150. When I park the truck in the driveway, some days the front wheels will look like \-----/, other days it'll look like /------\. When I turn in, it'll also look like I have negative caster, as the wheel will go even more positive on camber on the outside wheel. Other times, it'll look fine. As far as driving, it'll drive fine, except steering is quite dicey, for the obvious reasons.

So far, I have checked to make sure my wheel bearings aren't trashed, and that they don't have play. I also tried to feel for play in the ball joints, and I haven't felt anything. Since the wheel bearings were fine, and recently replaced (needed to change rotors), I was going to go ahead and change the ball joints, since I don't see any indicators of this being a bushing problem (Moog rubbers all around, nothing offset). Before I go through the hassle of taking apart the front end, I wanted to see if there's anything else I should check, or if you guys had any other opinions. To me, it seems like something had some very significant offset wearing, and when that spins, I have my issue. Strange that it's on both sides, but I've seen stranger things.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts