Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a trans shop that can do custom converter work in the Dallas area. Anyone have a recommendation?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Tans a lot!! suppose I should read what I type...
what kind of trans are you working on? is there a specific reason you want someone local (other than it obviously being easier)?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Mike Trickshift built my 4r70w too. Transbrake, all his upgrades and updates to sit behind 1,000+. No better in the metroplex.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses, first, it's a C4 that I used for several seasons with a stock bore & stroke 5.o, then a 347. it has the HD internals, red clutches and band, billet servo and a Broader Performance trans brake VB. The converter stall with the 347 was 3800, has anti-balloon plates. the car now is getting a BBF and I need to have a knowledgeable trans guy set up the converter to bolt to the BBF flywheel and some advice on converter stall with the new setup. I'll give Mike a call, Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as far as why I want someone local, if I can take it to someone good locally in the back of my truck, I'd rather do that than ship it.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
as far as why I want someone local, if I can take it to someone good locally in the back of my truck, I'd rather do that than ship it.
You wont find a better than Mike. Not locally, not in Texas. Local and family owned and ran.

I hadn't ran mine he built, yet and was pulling it for an unrelated issue. He asked to take a look at it and swapped out a seal he had found a better brand of.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
Keep us posted. He did the trans in my Cummins after another guy messed it up. It’s been going strong for 120k after he rebuilt it.

He has a 1000 hp 4 eye that he’ll be proud to show you while you’re there. He tried to talk me into ditching my bolt action for an auto but I’m a stick guy in my muscle car.

Auto trans are hard to do right. He’ll do it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts