Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
15,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gone. :)

Working on a Fuel system forum, I and many others agree, good point!

i hope this site stays true and doesn't turn into another salami fest like superstallions of the net!
:confused: huh :confused:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
mayo302 said:
Is there a way to get these back? I would really appreciate it, I need to get a post by lilpimp5e from like a month and a half ago. I was buying something from him and he was in the army and he died, so I bought it from his wife. She doesn't know the specs on the motor/cam/tranny that I got, and I don't know of any other way than to get that post back.
Thanks, moderators, if you can do anything, I would greatly appreciate it.
Matt

Once the forum is prunned that's it, no going back. This is why I tell people to save the thread for something they've bought locally. Sorry dude.

Carson

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Speaking of the WTB posts, I have several times run across a WTB ad and answered it. I often have parts sitting around that I kept because I didn't want to get rid of it, then forget I have it. The WTB ads jog my memory and and I can then offer the part if I don't have a use for it. I would rather someone buy it and use it than it clutter up the shop. I think we should allow the WTB ads.

As for the scammer problem, maybe we need to have a rule like they have on corner carvers. If you are a newbie (less than 30 posts) you cannot post a want ad unless you contact the moderator first. This way you are much less likely to get scammers. People that violate this rule get their ad deleted.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is there any way the corral can become affiliated with Paypal?Might get more members to become paypal certified therefore giving piece of mind. never mind the fact paypal does offer buyer protection. I get emails from them asking me to refer merchants and get money for it.(not my intention here) but it shows there might be a place for the corral there.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
how about when you put your mouse over the ad it pops up a box giving a brief description of the ad....liek stangnet has...itll make for less clicking to see that joes 87-93 mustang parts are nothing of what ya need..less clicking=less bandwidth being used=faster loading pages;)

·
15,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
cruzin95 said:
how about a cry baby forum? thats sounds like a good idea, no?
i hope this site stays true and doesn't turn into another salami fest like superstallions of the net!
anyway i'm sure you guys can figure something out!
just my opinion,
Rick
:lol:, What is a "Salami fest" :confused:

Is there a way to get these back? I would really appreciate it, I need to get a post by lilpimp5e from like a month and a half ago. I was buying something from him and he was in the army and he died, so I bought it from his wife. She doesn't know the specs on the motor/cam/tranny that I got, and I don't know of any other way than to get that post back.
Thanks, moderators, if you can do anything, I would greatly appreciate it.
Matt
Yikes I'm sorry to hear that. :salute: Unfortunately, I can't go back and retrieve posts once they are gone. Once gone they're gone. My best advice to you all is when you purchase something, save a copy of the thread.

fast93lxnotch Is there any way the corral can become affiliated with Paypal?Might get more members to become paypal certified therefore giving piece of mind. never mind the fact paypal does offer buyer protection. I get emails from them asking me to refer merchants and get money for it.(not my intention here) but it shows there might be a place for the corral there
I don't really see that happening, as that would put the Corral in the middle of transactions. We want nothing to do what goes on between the selling and purchasing party. Just a means to swap information. Best to use sound judgement when buying parts is the best I can suggest. ;)

BADAZZ89LX how about when you put your mouse over the ad it pops up a box giving a brief description of the ad....liek stangnet has...itll make for less clicking to see that joes 87-93 mustang parts are nothing of what ya need..less clicking=less bandwidth being used=faster loading pages
That's a pretty good idea, MustangCentral.net has that same feature. I'll bring it up to "the boss" and see what he says about it. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

david harrod I am new here .. I am looking for a complete racing engine could some one tell me where to look..Thanks, Dave
Yeah, the Windsor Engine Classifieds forum, or the *SEARCH* button. :idunno:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm guilty of the WTB thing. I'm looking for a little part and can't find it on ebay, in these or any other forum classifieds, or in a junkyard. For me, it's a kind of last-ditch effort to find something I need.

·
Registered
795 Posts
To be honest i have been on corral for years. BUT every since yall did away with the VERY SIMPLE **PARTS*** vs ***CARS**** sections.. I hardly ever post an item for sale or look in the parts section.. AND I KNOW lots of others that do the same and now post on DFW STANGS or Westside, or a variety of other sites.. Back in the "old " day i would get dozens of emails on any parts i might list.. NOW I don't and it is exasperating for me to search here and say if i am looking for a fuel item , a drivetrain item,, OR for that matter if i am looking for nothing in particular.... IT IS TOO MANY CHOICES (IMHO)!!!! Why should a person that is say parting an entire car like i have on several occasions Have to list individual threads for say 5 different categories??? Seems like that takes up more space than just a "general" parts section that you Put a search feature in.. AND PUT IT BACK AS PARTS vs CARS.. Simple..??? That said the sight is HUGE and has grown immensly.. If you must do seperate parts sections then WHY not make the sections.. Modular, EFI PRE 96 , CARB , and "others" .. Then **CARS*** 78 and down , 79-95, 96-03, 04 -^ , Cobras, and lastly "others"

Of course in the end you can't please everybody all of the time..LOL

PS.. BTW,, mod... My thread that you closed orginally had engine parts in it.. I edited it and removed the parts as they sold.. ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
my account is still locked

I have followed the rules, and updated everything needed, why is my post still locked? please email me at [email protected] and let me know if there is something i am doing wrong. the engine and tranny are posted together because they are being sold together not seperate.
thank you
jay

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like the idea of a Fuel category. Actually I was just thinking the other day why there wasn't one and where to look for the parts. I also like the idea of having a "brief description" when u move the mouse over the link. I think WTB ads are good in a way b/c u have a chance to get rid of stuff that u might have lying around but not posted and someone else is looking for it, I actually just sold something from a WTB add yesterday! I wasn't sure why the mods were cracking down, but now I see why and i'm glad that you guys are cleaning the site up. I t will save alot of time as long as people do what they're supposed to.

·
15,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Tony, the 'majority' likes the breakdown as it is. Most people go out looking for a certain part, so they go to the forum they want and browse for those parts.

We are going to most likely be creating a "cars parting out" forum as well.

powellj: No clue, need a link.

LilWhitePony: Just throw the "WTB" ad in the particular part forum, they're good there. The "mouse-over" feature should also be working...

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Dave88LX said:
Tony, the 'majority' likes the breakdown as it is. Most people go out looking for a certain part, so they go to the forum they want and browse for those parts.

We are going to most likely be creating a "cars parting out" forum as well.

powellj: No clue, need a link.

LilWhitePony: Just throw the "WTB" ad in the particular part forum, they're good there. The "mouse-over" feature should also be working...

Thanks for the comments!

Old thread i realize but i thought of something else that would be a compromise... Can you easily create a choice for seeing say the most recent ads say within last 24 hours ... That way those of us who are not looking for one particular item can just look at all the "new" adds are most recent posting in one swoop.. Without having to go to each 'section'

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is it possible to have a "for sale section" and a "want to buy/need" section? All these posts get so mixed up. You can see where 1 guys is selling a certain part and just 3 or 4 posts down another is stating that he's looking for that same part. You'd save allot of posting space if guys could search for what they need to but or sell in thier prospective sections and if they dont find it, then they can post up what they need.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Im trying to find out if you erased my post about parts for sale

please respond

·
Registered
537 Posts
This is not . . .

I like the new rating system it has been working pretty good. That is as long as you get a rating after doing a transaction with somebody.
I wish there was some way of telling how many transactions a person has had and then of course if they went good or bad . . .

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I think posting pics of for sale items should be mandatory, or at least a link to pics. It's kind of a bummer to click on a thread and see no proof of the part for sale. Also a price posted for the part would be a plus. Just sayin, thanks. LOL

21 - 40 of 40 Posts