·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Wastegate setup. Pulley for what ever boost you want to happen at what ever down low rpm you want and dump the excess boost before running it through the intercooler. No sense cooling air you won't use anyway. If you pulley for 30 psi at 6000 you will have 15 at 3000 and 10 at 2000 and 5 psi at 1000. You'd hit 8 psi at 1600. Once you hit your target, you can more or less hold that psi. In principle it's the same thing turbos do.
That's interesting. I never heard that before.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was just thinking about this for my T Trim, out of fuel around 18lbs... so I'm looking into getting a wastegate for 18psi.. and throwing the 23lb pulley on.

Should come in way sooner and then flatten out through recline. Not alone of examples on foxes though.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
There was an article years ago in MMFF about it.

EDIT: I found it!!

My search turned this up too. It's GM but the principle is the same.

·
Registered
2000 Mustang GT
243 Posts
Centri is a simpler install, you don't have to touch the exhaust system at all, and don't most turbo kits want you to go with a tubular K member?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Centri cam break the crank snout. Pros and Cons. Pros and Cons.
Is this just a cast crank concern? I have never really heard of this on forged ones outside of hardcore applications like cogged setups.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
There was an article years ago in MMFF about it.

EDIT: I found it!!

My search turned this up too. It's GM but the principle is the same.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Centri is a simpler install, you don't have to touch the exhaust system at all, and don't most turbo kits want you to go with a tubular K member?
That's another added cost. I don't have an exhaust. I bought this car bone stock. I do have a tubular K member though.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Centri cam break the crank snout. Pros and Cons. Pros and Cons.
This is a concern along with bracket flex and belt slip.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Stock block? Si Trim Vortech, 3.33/8 pulley combo, Snow meth, and call it a day. Don't Bubba2 this thing.
Thanks. No Bubba2 here. Keep in mind that I'm considering a blower but I have a turbo as well. All of the advice is helpful.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Is this just a cast crank concern? I have never really heard of this on forged ones outside of hardcore applications like cogged setups.
Happens when chasing belt slip. Crank snout ends up side loaded and breaks eventually. Stock crank problem as far as I've even heard about. 4.6's don't seam to suffer the problem.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

·
Registered
398 Posts
Happens when chasing belt slip. Crank snout ends up side loaded and breaks eventually. Stock crank problem as far as I've even heard about. 4.6's don't seam to suffer the problem.
I made my own manual tensioner and it reduces the amount of tension you need to solve belt slip. Post is old so the pictures don't work anymore.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts