981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best gas mileage Ever!

Reactions: KEVIN$

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I'll take one!
The torque that thing will have should be incredible.

ks

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Not a fan of that car. And using the title of "best gas mileage ever" is a misnomer. You should really compare the carbon footprint between a gas Cobra Jet and this electric one. I am sure that by the time you calculate what was involved in generating the electricity, let alone delivering it to the source that it would be a wash or favor the gas Cobra Jet.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Show us the back seat and the trunk. It's cool for a race car and may be very reliable, but the wrong sound is unappealing to me or most people.

I thought this might be about the new real Mustang E, the electric Ford that I gather has the Mustang name, but isn't a Mustang. I have a coworker who's neighbor had pre-ordered one, but I don't even know what it looks like.

If Ford can make a car in electric form, great, then make it an option.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Show us the back seat and the trunk. It's cool for a race car and may be very reliable, but the wrong sound is unappealing to me or most people.

I thought this might be about the new real Mustang E, the electric Ford that I gather has the Mustang name, but isn't a Mustang. I have a coworker who's neighbor had pre-ordered one, but I don't even know what it looks like.

If Ford can make a car in electric form, great,

I just went through some training on this car and other electric vehicles that Ford is producing. A few interesting things:
The standard battery for the Mach E will weight 1,050 lbs, give or take a few lbs. It is rated at 338 KW which translates to about 450 HP.
The extended range battery will weigh over 1,300 lbs and has a bit lower KW/HP rating.
Needless to say, the Mach E will be a heavy car, especially in AWD form with the extended range battery. The quicker of the two would be the RWD and standard battery pack option.
Here are a few more eye opening stats... If you go to charge the battery with just the 120V wall socket, you will get 3 miles of range for every 1 hour of charge time.
If you have a 240 volt outlet to use, then you get 21 miles of range for every hour of charge time.
If the battery is completely dead, and you want to charge it up to full with a 120 volt charger, be prepared to have to wait 96 hours for the charge to get complete. That is 4 days! Four F'n days you are without the car...
There are a lot of other factors that make this electric car nonsense a big negative for the buying public.
Yes there is the "quick charger" option that you can get, for extra $, that you then have to pay to get installed, but who have 480V capability at their house? Yes it will take a battery that is at 10% up to a max of 80% in only 45 min, but still...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts