Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
I cut up a stock harness and it's working well for me. I attached my diagram.
This is a video were I show the modified 88 TBird harness to "plug into" the 89 and Terminator.

This i how I programed the terminator for AC and fans

I did it this way so I could unplug the Holley and reinstall the A9L and harness is I ever wanted to.

Attachments

One thing you will learn is there is no "one way" to do it, as seen in this thread. All great options, just different approaches. Also dont overthink it. You just have to dive in and play around with it and see what works best for you.

Reactions: russ3747
One thing you will learn is there is no "one way" to do it, as seen in this thread. All great options, just different approaches. Also dont overthink it. You just have to dive in and play around with it and see what works best for you.
Sorry if I'm bumping an old thread but I'm running into something like this ATM. And have some questions to curb my curiosity and know exactly know the software handles I/Os.

TxFireman1972,
I'm implementing the 2 relay setup you posted as it really takes advantage of the adjustability of the software.
Thing is, I'm barely getting everything setup in an 87 thunderbird that previously ran a semi-stock setup on an A9L ecm, with full custom circuitry to replicate a 89 fox body manual electrical setup.
My setup now requires a tune or standalone and ended up with The terminator x fox body unit due to already having the most similar setup.

So I've dug into the software and am trying to get familiar with it while I complete the full electrical system on the car, (full stripped all the stock ecm, antilock, shock/suspension computer, ect.)

So from what I gather you can assign custom inputs and outputs like the AC on signal, fans, etc., What about the ones that are already in the software?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how the best way to setup the software side to get the best result without getting lost in the software.

I usually design, build, and troubleshoot industrial controls for my job but the software side of things always gets me due to everyone having there own little tweaks and terminology and having to deal with so many. Regardless I'm in knee deep and ideally want to figure out all the ins and outs of the Holley software.

Sorry for the long post but I can provide schematics of what I'm trying to accomplish if the above does not suffice.

Thanks

Sorry if I'm bumping an old thread but I'm running into something like this ATM. And have some questions to curb my curiosity and know exactly know the software handles I/Os.

TxFireman1972,
I'm implementing the 2 relay setup you posted as it really takes advantage of the adjustability of the software.
Thing is, I'm barely getting everything setup in an 87 thunderbird that previously ran a semi-stock setup on an A9L ecm, with full custom circuitry to replicate a 89 fox body manual electrical setup.
My setup now requires a tune or standalone and ended up with The terminator x fox body unit due to already having the most similar setup.

So I've dug into the software and am trying to get familiar with it while I complete the full electrical system on the car, (full stripped all the stock ecm, antilock, shock/suspension computer, ect.)

So from what I gather you can assign custom inputs and outputs like the AC on signal, fans, etc., What about the ones that are already in the software?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how the best way to setup the software side to get the best result without getting lost in the software.

I usually design, build, and troubleshoot industrial controls for my job but the software side of things always gets me due to everyone having there own little tweaks and terminology and having to deal with so many. Regardless I'm in knee deep and ideally want to figure out all the ins and outs of the Holley software.

Sorry for the long post but I can provide schematics of what I'm trying to accomplish if the above does not suffice.

Thanks
This guy makes some of the best Holley EFI videos out there. Scroll through his videos, you’ll find lots of good info:

Reactions: massacre
Nice, thanks TxFireman1972

I did consider the Current Performance harness but the thing is I already have the components to wire it all up and the car is fully gutted as of now. I'll be wiring up, finalizing routing once I've tested out all functionality, and then reinstalling the interior. I was just pretty hung up on the I/O and getting it configured in the software.

Regardless with my setup, it looks like I'll be pretty much maxed out on my I/O available.

Ok guys, got my 93 LX up and running on the Term X but want to keep my air conditioning working. I sorted out the A/C wiring from the original harness and have it all connected and the WOT relay back in its place. The power and field connections are straight forward and easy.

My question is, which factory wire gets connected to the "A/C kick" circuit on the Holley? My suspicion is the BK/Y wire that used to go to the ECM pin #10 (ACCS) but I'm not sure.

I assume the PK/Y wires to the WOT cut off as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
If you don’t mind me asking how did you go about using the factory harness? I’m in the process of doing it

Discussion starter · #29 ·
If you don’t mind me asking how did you go about using the factory harness? I’m in the process of doing it
I split the loom open and pulled it apart to get the circuits I wanted out of it. Then I blended it all together with the Holley harness and Holley loom to make it look like it was made that way.
Pain in the ass.

I don’t know if this helps anyone , but I bought the relay set up through Current Performance already pre wired for the ac set up.. pretty simple think the cost was 85 bucks..
Looks like a 5 pin relay ? Id buy it if there was more to it. Think its just a relay and has a diode?
Organism Font Circle Diagram Parallel

Damn, I built my own relay/WOT switch for about 5$.

I think I am going to try this, look ok to you guys?
Handwriting Electrical wiring Font Gas Electricity

Reactions: Nitrous SSC
Mine is wired like this. This provides a signal to the Holley ECU. Then I can turn the relay for the compressor on or off based on whatever parameters I desire. For example, TPS%, speed, coolant temp, RPMs, etc.

Also with it running through the ECU I can automatically turn my fans on to a desired % when the AC is on.

View attachment 1066649
how is this programmed on the terminator x?

I posted pics on the round 2 of this post hoping someone can help with a couple of switches (wiring) using the current performance harness - pictures attached on other post

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.