Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, newbie here. Thanks for the add admin. Ok so, My friends and I have been mustangs guys for 35 years. I own 5 of them now. I am restoring an 85 svo and am in need of lights. I have inners and need outter lights. I will purchase an entire set if need be. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance. I also have a couple of svo parts cars if anyone needs some parts.

·
Registered
24,245 Posts
Instrument cluster lights?

·
Registered
24,245 Posts
so you dont need lights

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need front outside marker lights, the outside lights on the front of the car. I apologize, I should have been more specific.

·
Registered
24,245 Posts
THAT helps

Good luck

Have you tried classifieds or svo forums?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I need front outside marker lights, the outside lights on the front of the car. I apologize, I should have been more specific.
I just saw a decent set on eBay a couple weeks ago. They come up from time to time. Fair warning: They're not cheap, I recently saw a full set of NOS corners, markers, and headlights for my 86 (which are rarer) for $2000. :surprise:

Try asking on https://www.svoca.com/forum/ as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, still looking. I have posted on 12-15 sites looking and asking. They are out there somewhere, just need to be in touch with the right guy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks guys, still looking. I have posted on 12-15 sites looking and asking. They are out there somewhere, just need to be in touch with the right guy.
Yea, SVO stuff is hard to come by on the regular anymore. If you really really want to get them, I'd recommend traveling to a few swap meets. The old timers who really have the good stuff aren't online.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
There WERE at one point, reproduction SVO corners, but as I remember, it was RH side only. Don't remember every seeing a reproduction LH side, which probably explains why the LH is always $400+ for an OEM one that's faded, cracked, etc.

The sails, the spats, suspension, rear end, T5, all SVO specific stuff....I had an '84 and an 85.5, sold both, they were not worth much (and were complete, fairly nice cars) at the time, and not worth much now given what it takes to find parts for one. Those are the reasons I decided not to try to find another one.

The parts ARE out there, but you have to get the parts' owner to "part" with them....and they know what they've got. Rare parts are usually hoarded until a buyer comes along with enough greenbacks to MAKE them part with the rare parts.

Speaking of which...I know a guy who's got a TON of SVO stuff and it may be time to call him again. Yes, hoarder. But I know him-and he can get in one of his "moods", you know where he realizes that he can't take it with him and a bunch of stuff goes dirt cheap or free. That's how I got most of my coupe's 2.3 turbo stuff, all in one outing, exhaust, 3 heads (turbo), several T3's, several manifolds, front intercoolers and piping, SVO rear end, one front control arm, a BUNCH of Merkur stuff, some SVO interior parts, and I know I'm forgetting other things. Saved what I needed and passed the freebies onto others who needed them for nothing more than the shipping costs. Found out that one of the "buyers" was a reseller. It was supposed to be a project. Guess it was. A "project"-get free parts and flip 'em for a nice profit. Fine, we all have that right, but I kinda have reservations about doing it ever again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts