Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a roots style for sale?!
I have a 77 bronco I wanna throw it on and everyone is telling me to go talk to the mustang guys. I want the whine of a supercharger and roots is prolly the best

·
Registered
304 Posts
What engine do you have in the Bronco? That's important. You don't have the location filled in. Do you live in a state with emission testing?

Jake

·
Registered
304 Posts
Easy with that old stuff. Some of us still remember when that was a new motor. Glad to hear you don't have to deal with emissions. With the 302 you are gonna want to be looking for a kit from a Fox body most likely. They will be the most common for that engine. Although they are all going to be setup to work with a fuel injection system. Were you planning on staying with a carburetor?

Jake

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I remember the old stuff! It’s more my style.
I am going to leave it carb’d.
I have seen the Weiland 174 series
Part # 925-77-174FSBP-1
This is what I’m gonna throw it on
1B272DDF-2AC6-476D-810A-92D642B8E36C.jpeg

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well now that is unique. Looks like about 20" suspension travel with those arms.

I doubt you will find one of those units on here. But it never hurts to ask and I would like to be proved wrong. On here its going to be turbo's then a toss up between centrifugal superchargers and roots style. But the majority of the roots will be for the later model engines. But good luck on your project. Nothing conservative about that rig.

Jake

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
77 bronco stretched about 30in...
4linked with long travel coil overs
Ya I’m thinking I’ll have to buy a roots at jegs or lanes...

·
Registered
144 Posts
174's pop up for sale here every once in a while. Before Covid, it seemed like a couple of supercharger kits popped up every other week. Now the supply of used kits has dried up.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
There's a possibility I might be selling my Whipple/ A/W intercooler setup soon. Depends on how our next electric turbo tests go. You'd have to switch to EFI though. The Whipple went 9.8x's at 138 mph on pump gas (140 on Q16) at 3,500 lbs. You can watch a pass (and street driving) here:

·
Registered
1985 Mustang
123 Posts
I have a B&M 174 that I purchased new in 1998. It was installed and the engine fired up a few times but never even drove it before life put that project on hold. I'm thinking about digging it out of storage cleaning it up and putting it up for sale. Are you still looking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an old weiland makes like 12psi ish.... ya let me know what you want out of it and what’s coming with it. I just got a stock 302 for now

·
Registered
1985 Mustang
123 Posts
Sorry for the delay. A B&M 174 is just like a weiand 177, which is still produced. Actually I think it's identical. Back in when Holley had both the B&M and Weiand the Weiand has a spring tensioner up by the driven pulley. Now the Weiand has the same tensioner that my B&M 174 has. This will get you salivating, I have everything, even down to the original instructions. I got it out of storage and cleaned it up a bit and to not break forum classified rules i'll post all the picks in the classified area.

Check it out, I have everything still, a used gasket and a new pair of gaskets. There is some oxidation on the Aluminum, but I even the original stickers. Where is that picture of your truck from, Silver Lake Sand dunes? No problem crushing the tallest dune once you have this baby installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the delay. A B&M 174 is just like a weiand 177, which is still produced. Actually I think it's identical. Back in when Holley had both the B&M and Weiand the Weiand has a spring tensioner up by the driven pulley. Now the Weiand has the same tensioner that my B&M 174 has. This will get you salivating, I have everything, even down to the original instructions. I got it out of storage and cleaned it up a bit and to not break forum classified rules i'll post all the picks in the classified area.

Check it out, I have everything still, a used gasket and a new pair of gaskets. There is some oxidation on the Aluminum, but I even the original stickers. Where is that picture of your truck from, Silver Lake Sand dunes? No problem crushing the tallest dune once you have this baby installed.

View attachment 1072547

what kind of price?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And ya that’s at the top of test hill... I don’t have any issues with the ol girl now going up anything but I love the supercharger whine.

·
Registered
1985 Mustang
123 Posts
That's awesome. I haven't been to those dunes in years but remember it being a cool place. I'm looking to get $1500 out of this kit. I posted it in the classifieds section with a few more photos. Let me know if you want any other photos or details.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts