Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought our son a 2007 base coupe model. It is a project car for him. When we got it the windows were down and the stereo was missing. The previous owner bought it as a project but never had time. We have tested the fuses/wires for the windows and everything has come back fine. We would like to put the OEM stereo back in the car since a shop said that is what is causing the window issue. Using the VIN, the product number for the OEM stereo is a Shaker 500, # 7R3Z18806GA. This stereo is discounted and $1300. Is there a replacement product number that isn’t an outrageous amount? Any other ideas besides putting in an after market system?

·
Founder of corral.net
1,582 Posts
To avoid spending a ton of money shooting at things that may or may not work like stereos, I would spend some money on a couple of invaluable, inexpensive diagnostic tools.

The first thing I would do is purchase a $27 ELM327 Scanner from Amazon:

Then download a copy of FORScan from What's new

The scanner and the software will give you dealer level access to the subsystems in the car. You will be able to find out directly from the various computers, what faults they have. I seriously doubt that the stereo is causing the problem with the windows. The stereo is controlled by the Audio Control Module and the windows are controlled by the Body Control Module, which I believe also controls things like lights, headlights, turn signals, and other vehicle functions.

Forscan will be able to query those subsystems directly and tell you what is wrong. Start there BEFORE spending money on a factory stereo.

Reactions: MVK13
1 - 2 of 2 Posts