Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a like new pair of flotek 180cc heads. I purchased these earlier this year and Put about 2000 miles on them. They are in perfect working order. They will come with a set up hardened pushrods that were used with the setup and a set of stamped roller tip rockers. This setup ran great over stock cast iron heads, had no issues when bolting up and were never beat on. The engine they were on has a very small factory cam and they were never taken over 4800rpm. I bought them to just get my car to a point I could drive it this year while waiting for my new motor to be finished. The new motor is going in now so these need to go. I paid a little over $1100 for everything from speedway motors and am asking $800 for everything. The heads at the moment are bolted on the engine and will be coming off shortly (havent had time with putting new motor in), but I did get a quick pic how they sit as of now.
EDIT: I will take $750, this is by bottom, if I cant get that Ill keep them for future projects.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you change the springs or are they the ones that cake with it?

2.02 or 1.94 intake valve?
Everything is how they come, as I described in the post the cam my motor had was probably less than a .400 lift stock cam from 1970’s. There was no need to change anything out. Valves are 1.94

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow thats an emissions cam...
Yep, thats why I didnt care about getting top of the line anything. The heads that came with the car were trashed and warped and I wasnt going to put money into them so this was the more cost effective option so I could get it running while the new motor was being built.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
with such a tiny cam, is it safe to say that you bought the heads with the flat tappet springs and not the hr?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with such a tiny cam, is it safe to say that you bought the heads with the flat tappet springs and not the hr?
I bought the heads from speedway whatever they came with I dont know, because the cam was so small it didnt make a difference to me, I just purchased them how they were on their website and it specified for cams up to .550 lift. Thats all I know

·
Registered
45 Posts

Seems like those springs are plenty for mild cams, despite the flat tappet description.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Seems like those springs are plenty for mild cams, despite the flat tappet description.
They definitely are for a factory or mild cam that doesnt need a ton of seat pressure, etc

1 - 20 of 25 Posts