Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t buy anything from rock auto!!! Their customer service is garbage. Prices are fair on some items but there are many better options who actually stand behind their company. I was a regular customer of rock auto for the past few years and told all of my friends and relatives about them. This week I received my order and had an issue, I have sent countless emails to them asking for answers and they won’t respond beyond the “its not our fault” cop out. They will no longer respond to my emails, there is no phone number to talk to customer service. They only option the offered was for me to return the product at my expense.

Very displeased, anyways just thought I would give a heads up for anyone looking at purchasing parts from Rock auto. Low prices=crap service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
What, exactly, was the "issue"?

Also, you didn't look very hard for a phone number. Second page I looked at on the website.

RockAuto, LLC Corporate Headquarters
6418 Normandy Lane
Suite 100
Madison, WI 53719
1-608-661-1376

·
Registered
295 Posts
My dad and I both bought regularly from RockAuto. Just recently my dad ordered a started. Box was right and the part number was right but the starter inside was wrong. He called RockAuto and no matter who he talked to they would only refund the money for the starter but he had to pay shipping back. I had made mistakes in the past and never asked them to pay my shipping for the return. So we have both decided RockAuto is off our list of places to buy parts.

Jake

Reactions: 1986stangfan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What, exactly, was the "issue"?

Also, you didn't look very hard for a phone number. Second page I looked at on the website.

RockAuto, LLC Corporate Headquarters

6418 Normandy Lane

Suite 100

Madison, WI 53719

1-608-661-1376

Ordered a head gasket set, they sent me an open package with only one gasket. Wouldn’t send a replacement or give me a discount.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Got replacement lift-gate pistons for a hatchback. They were too long, causing the hatch to hit (and dent) the roof of the vehicle. They wouldn't take them back without us paying shipping, also they made excuses about contacting the vendor about the discrepancy, but they never really did as they kept putting me off every time I called.

I've had may successful transactions with them in the past, but looking at this thread, it appears that if they send the wrong item in the box (or there's an issue with the vendor as in my recent case), you might be out of your $$, or at least shipping, which can be a significant % of typical auto parts these days.

Reactions: 1986stangfan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t think they realize how much it costs them when they have dissatisfied customers. I spend thousands of dollars a year in car parts for my daily drivers and my mustang. That is money that rock auto will never see again, all for an issue that would have cost them maybe $50 to rectify. Far more costly to find a new customer than to keep an existing customer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts