Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
1987 Mustang LX

I have a 1000 watt pioneer Class d amp with 2 pioneer 1000 watt subs.

I have an eclipse cd player.

I set off car alarms well over 50 ft away.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Here's my 90 LX:

Build process:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
This was the setup in my old coupe. I used some aluminum angle to make the brackets for the amp and a single alipine 10" sub, worked great.

·
Registered
929 Posts
sweet 5literfox. I wouldn't mine having a set up like that. Only thing is how much would it affect drag times b/c of the weight

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
sweet 5literfox. I wouldn't mine having a set up like that. Only thing is how much would it affect drag times b/c of the weight
Thanks.

In reality I believe the setup added about 40-50 lbs or so to the rear. The box, amps and speaker probably weigh 70-80 lbs. However, I removed the spare tire, jack, lug wrench and associated insulation and fiberboard. I estimate that stuff to be at least 30-40 lbs. At least the weight is in the rear, where you want it.

If I'm not mistaken 50 lbs should equal 1/2 of a tenth of a second in the 1/4. Not a big deal to me, but that 1/2 of a tenth may be more important to others.

·
Registered
130 Posts
89 Convertible.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I think they'd sound better in the trunk. I may re-do my system this summer....depends on boredom/cashflow.

The 2 12" Kicker Comp's in a 2.0 sealed box powered by 2 ZX300 amp's don't sound as good as the 2 10" Kicker Comp's in a 2.0 sealed box powered by a single Hifonics Brutus(600w) in my Explorer.

They hit harder in the Mustang, but the Explorer has better overall sub bass sound.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here are a few pics of my set-up:

Headunit - Kenwood KDC X993
EQ - Pioneer DEQ-7600
Speakers - Kenwood Speakers throughout
Subs - MTX
Amp - Kicker ZX 700.5

·
Registered
323 Posts

Here are pictures of my enclosed Q-Forms. They used Vifa PL18 4ohms with a cut down frame to make them fit in a 5 1/4" mount. I ran these in my 94 Cobra along with a MTX Thunderform. You can see and read more about them by searching this forum for a thread called "This old Q-Form". I no longer have this car but still have the Q-forms and Thunderform.
I like that car-puter. I'm thinking about doing one for the car I have now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
91 Fox

Still a work in progress but he's where I'm at so far.
Sound dampening. Gutted the whole interior and covered with Ballistic sound dampening

trunk in prog.

Dash speakers

Still a ton to do

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Yes, that carbon fiber looks badass!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
actually a carbon wrap. Material is vinyl with cloth backing. easy to work with provided there aren't too many curves.
Do you have a link to the site or company that makes it?

41 - 60 of 82 Posts