Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
sjd3021, explorer intakes are cheap and readily available why dont you base line your car real well, try your idea out and then get back to us w the info??

·
Registered
26 Posts
sdj3021, mickey thompson did exactly what you are speaking of on 421 pontiac heads and intakes prior to 1967, he set lots of records

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just picked up a gt40 setup. Had a systemax i was going to run, but didnt want to give away the lower tq/hp. Stock heads/e cam. Now i have to port the lower some, its only right. I'll read up on it.

·
Old timer
5,917 Posts
Just picked up a gt40 setup. Had a systemax i was going to run, but didnt want to give away the lower tq/hp. Stock heads/e cam. Now i have to port the lower some, its only right. I'll read up on it.
The Holley SM2 isn't the problem.

That POS E cam is.

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
HO and GT40 style lowers suffer the same design limitations. There is an article on doing an HO lower here, but doing the GT40 lower is the very same procedure........http://tmoss.efidynotuning.com/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ed- Ya, id like to get a better cam. Damn tempting.

Tmoss- cool, thanks. I'll check it out.

Im just trying to build a mild $$ friendly setup.

Forgot how the alerts work here, didnt see the responses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Read the lower intake porting article. Good stuff. I got a regular air pencil deburr tool 1/8" shank and carbide burrs i used to port my E7's a while back, that 1/4in, bigger burrs woulda worked better on that iron. I'll start gasket matching/porting my lower tom. Night.

Tmoss, What do you think about "big dog porting" lower gt40 on youtube. If you've seen that video. I dont have my lower with me right now to do the 7/8" socket test, but now im curios. Lol.

Heres pics of my E7's. Just roughed, need sanding cones to finish.

Just took some screen shots earlier so i could put em up for sale.
Screenshot_20200723-185514_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200723-185527_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200723-185640_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200723-185645_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200723-185655_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200723-185633_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
Tmoss, What do you think about "big dog porting" lower gt40 on youtube. If you've seen that video. I dont have my lower with me right now to do the 7/8" socket test, but now im curios. Lol.
I'll decline to address this topic again - if you do some searching and reading you will find out for yourself..........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Basically, i dont need to do all that anyway for a gt40 head e cam 302. 347 with a s/c. Ok. But it looked cool i thought. Not trying to get you to comment on that. Or start nothing. Lol. My bad.

Edit: i searched and didnt find nothing. All good, i know i dont need that much intake anyway. Well i did find "michigan mans dog ate his toe off and was declared a hero".

·
Old timer
5,917 Posts
Ok cool. Will do.
Google megalomaniac

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
He's a Chicago operation that is LONG on promotion as well as .5-2.0" depression one/two vacuum motor flow bench flow testing (when the industry standard is 28" of depression) who gets way higher numbers than anybody else and who loves to hype his stuff as the best since bread met butter ........ that being said, his stuff is not head and shoulders above anybody else's as he would lead you to believe. He gets no better or even equal to what other professionals get..... Caveat Emptor guys - ALWAYS.......LONG term success in DOCUMENTRED results on multiple forums (vs "testimonials" on a website he owns) is what you need to look for...... That's ALL I got to say........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ah ok. I hear yall.

I got bigger problems now. Lol. Going off topic here... Man, just put my car into the barrier on highway. Hydroplaned at about 50-60.mph. 2 lane highway barriers both sides, had just hit blacktop asphalt, was like eww this looks dangerous.. boom, just wasnt good enough to make it work. I was on some pretty dead tires, slick middle basically. Was heading to a drift event.. it drive home, and glad i didnt hit any cars around me.

The more i think about it. Im real lucky/glad i didnt hit my front wheel on the barrier and potentially roll.

It needs a tube front now. Runs and drives good. Shocktowers back still look good to me. Forward though is bent to ****.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Back on track... cleaned these explorer injectors yesterday. Gasket matched 1 side of the intake. 90% done for that side.
did #5 last and kind of figured out some technique. Walk it down. Started at top at 30-40 degrees work it out then angle up the grinder 20 deg. Etc... and work down. Got that 4th wall lookin cnc'd lol. Now i gotta go re do the other 3. Ha. (Used to be a cnc mill guy 10 yrs)

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
He's a Chicago operation that is LONG on promotion as well as .5-2.0" depression one/two vacuum motor flow bench flow testing (when the industry standard is 28" of depression) who gets way higher numbers than anybody else and who loves to hype his stuff as the best since bread met butter ........ that being said, his stuff is not head and shoulders above anybody else's as he would lead you to believe. He gets no better or even equal to what other professionals get..... Caveat Emptor guys - ALWAYS.......LONG term success in DOCUMENTRED results on multiple forums (vs "testimonials" on a website he owns) is what you need to look for...... That's ALL I got to say........
Many other guys use the same flow bench setup that he uses. The electronic processor replaces the typical manometers and calculates the flow @ 28".
From the manufacturer website: Flow Bench | Air Flow Measurement | Air Flow Analysis

Some examples of people using that same bench he does:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts