Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have an 87 coupe with a 308 some kind of Aftermarket forged pistons. Edlebrock performer intake 52lbs injectors 340 pump an -8 feed line an-6 return ..and pro m efi system and pro m blow through 80mm mass air 75mm edle tb .gt 40 3 bar heads and a percision 7678 76mm turbo .a comp cam xe 274 cam .im trying to get the most out of this combo. I bought the car this way and trying to get it up and running .I have added some of these parts .like the pro m efi system my main question is what kind of power will I be making how much boost on the safe side .should I go ahead and get some better heads if so recommendations? Better cam like a blower cam or what cam would be best .Trans is a pa c4 full manual reverse valvebody 3600 stall converter ..plz help ..im sure I left out some info .any questions just ask

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ok guys I have an 87 coupe with a 308 some kind of Aftermarket forged pistons. Edlebrock performer intake 52lbs injectors 340 pump an -8 feed line an-6 return ..and pro m efi system and pro m blow through 80mm mass air 75mm edle tb .gt 40 3 bar heads and a percision 7678 76mm turbo .a comp cam xe 274 cam .im trying to get the most out of this combo. I bought the car this way and trying to get it up and running .I have added some of these parts .like the pro m efi system my main question is what kind of power will I be making how much boost on the safe side .should I go ahead and get some better heads if so recommendations? Better cam like a blower cam or what cam would be best .Trans is a pa c4 full manual reverse valvebody 3600 stall converter ..plz help ..im sure I left out some info .any questions just ask
Is ur trans built. Is ur rear built.
That 80mm may will give u issues qt the higher end.
Comp cams custom grinds are what u want call n tell them ur plan.
What fuel type 93 e85

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trans is a built pa c4 full manual valvebody .good for 1200 hp.rear end is built 327 gear .welded tubes.strange axles .supposed to be able to handle 1000 hp .how about the

·
Registered
147 Posts
93 octane
As far as ur cams give comp cams a call to verify if what u have will be doable for the power ur trying to make. The heads seems ok to me honestly. For a boosted application some want boost quickly while others want boost in the highs 6k rpm range. Thats how my setup is. I built my motor and all to support it so around town I see 3 to 7 psi. I didn't want a all out track car so that's why. I am pushing 14 psi putting down 612 601 tq thru a 4r70w in my 01 GT.
For your setup I can see even higher do to fuel setup u have. Now u need a tuner that can dial it all in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Fuel system is optimum for that set-up . I would be looking for at least 60's or 80's for that size turbo and two 340 fuel pumps . Just my 2 cent

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should I down size the turbo im wanting a fun dependable street car .that will live for a while..recommendations on turbo size and brand that won't break the bank

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
On3 makes a 70 mm turbo that people have had great success with. Good for 500rwhp

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm very new to the turbo game .im looking for a good turbo 58 to 66mm t4 that will put me in the 500 to 600 hp range and will live for a while

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,098 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts