Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and i appreciate all responses in advance.. I have a 1999 v6 5 speed mustang and when i first got it i could go full throttle in first gear and it would go! Now when i punch it in first it goes up a certain point and then flats out and slowly just "bogs" down.. Decreases slowly in rpm until i let off the gas a little bit and it picks back up.. Ive put 2 new fuel pumps in it because i figured maybe i got a faulty one but same problem. Prior to me putting one in, it wouldnt start and sometime when it did it was taking forever for it to start. Put a new one in and it takes about 4 secs to start up on initial start after it starts uo fine. Ive put about ever new sensor on it that my diagnostics tool told me was wrong. New tps new maf new egr vacuum solenoid new dpf sensor, cleaned the iac and the egr valve new fuel pump plus filter.. It has headers dual exhaust as well. Please help lol driving me insane. When i first got it before the fuel pump was dying i could get into it and it wouldnt do what its doing now. Seems like when i put the new fuel pump in it its done it.. Help!!! Lol

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
lol

What led you to replace the fuel pump initially? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge, or what indication(s) did you have that the fuel pump was dead or dying? If you think it's a fueling issue, what about the fuel filter? Has that been replaced ever?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol

What led you to replace the fuel pump initially? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge, or what indication(s) did you have that the fuel pump was dead or dying? If you think it's a fueling issue, what about the fuel filter? Has that been replaced ever?

I replaced the fuel pump because it was dying, would start sometimes then it wouldnt and finally quit. I have a gauge i just bought and havr to return because it leaks and is broke but on 1st new pump i had in it i was reading id say around 32 and thats with koer.. With koeo it showed no pressure. I had to cycle it about 10 times to build pressure around 40-43 if i remember correctly. Yes i replaced filter when i got first pump.. Im not sure if im not getting enough fuel or if im flooding it out.. I was thinking fuel regulator but im not sure.. Need to see what the pressure is before and after the regulator. Thanks for the response man i appreciate it and any suggestions are also appreciated

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
you verified proper power to the pump, is this not a returnless system?

just because there is no pressure does not mean the pump is faulty

as you have found out by replacing it already

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a faulty coil pack thats not showing up on the check engine light because ive checked resistance on the pack and number 3 4 terminal bounces around and the rest are steady. I had a bad plug and wire on 3 which plug was arcing off the header in return damaging the coil which is why 3 4 terminal pin is off on resistance. Am going tomorrow to bring in the coil and have advance auto store check it out and will report back.

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
you could test it yourself, instead of trusting a parts guy

If you decide you want to do your own work, instead of buying parts and guessing what the issue is

Use the parts money to buy a good scan tool, so you can stream real time data and see what is going on, once you have direction, fuel or spark etc, you can do simple tests

its your money

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive been doing my work on every hot rod and car ive ever owned lol. I have checked the coil myself. I just have a poopy multimeter and therefor want to double check it..ive done everything possible on this car its either this or its nothing.. I literally have no idea what else it could be. Ive scanned all the codes and fixed all of them. At this point its something not showing up and im not made of money to go buy a nice 200$+ scan tool. Im use to working with "does it have fuel spark and air? Yes? Then it should fire up"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everytime i use my multimeter on the coil it usually reads different everytime. Then sometimes itll read that it definitley bad.. Only thing my car does is when i go to punch it in first it flats out then slowly decelerates.. Like the coil is cutting off 2 cylinders

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
Ive been doing my work on every hot rod and car ive ever owned lol. I have checked the coil myself. I just have a poopy multimeter and therefor want to double check it..ive done everything possible on this car its either this or its nothing.. I literally have no idea what else it could be. Ive scanned all the codes and fixed all of them. At this point its something not showing up and im not made of money to go buy a nice 200$+ scan tool. Im use to working with "does it have fuel spark and air? Yes? Then it should fire up"

i am not talking about a code reader

SCAN TOOL>>>if you cannot afford one, take it to a diag shop they can give you direction for the cost of a scan tool

to actually show you have the PROPER fuel it takes even more $$$tools

a mere fuel pressure test does NOT mean proper fuel delivery

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
Everytime i use my multimeter on the coil it usually reads different everytime. Then sometimes itll read that it definitley bad.. Only thing my car does is when i go to punch it in first it flats out then slowly decelerates.. Like the coil is cutting off 2 cylinders

that is a BIG guess on what is going on

what kind of meter tells you a coil is bad?

reading a resistance value, is a pretty useless endeavou, unless you have the actual engineering spec for the specific temp

you are far better off taking a test light and checking spark output at the tower, then you have to verify at a plug

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any ways got a new coil pack it didnt fix dog ****.. So i have no idea.. Im guessing its a clogged fuel injector. I have 2 pending codes and its p0135 and p1131 and those are for o2s and i have headers on it..so i have no idea.. Sucks because this thing ran awesome and now i just cant floor it anymore but driving it normal is fine. Nobody online has any idea what it could be

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
You need to start a GUESS POLL

so you can get a shopping list of parts to change

as you have no intention of NOT wasting time and money,,,,,,,,,

Like typing to a wall...........

You should change the title of this thread to

Need a list of parts to change, dont wanna diagnose

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I aint got nothing but time and money bud! You've been absolutley no help whatsoever. You just want to say take it to a diagnostics shops so i can drop hundreds of bucks rather then do it myself which i have been. Ive done every damn thing i can possibly think of on the fu***** car. So since nobody online has any idea or can point me in a direction i guess this is sianora amigo!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You dont read very well or you would of read that i have DONE EVERYTHING THAT I CAN WITHOUT GOING TO A SHOP!!! You obviously dont know much you're just an internet warrior who wants to get cocky behind a computer/phone. You've had no suggestions at all. You're a waste of time and if anybodys talking to a wall its me!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Have you pulled the plugs to see if any are fuel soaked? Do you have noid lights to verify the injectors (harness) are firing properly?

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
I aint got nothing but time and money bud! You've been absolutley no help whatsoever. You just want to say take it to a diagnostics shops so i can drop hundreds of bucks rather then do it myself which i have been. Ive done every damn thing i can possibly think of on the fu***** car. So since nobody online has any idea or can point me in a direction i guess this is sianora amigo!

I have done everything that could be asked of one to help, to show your absurd thoughts that you have done anything but CHANGE parts.......

no one could be more of a help to you, to show you that you have not performed ONE diagnostic check!

·
Registered
23,569 Posts
You dont read very well or you would of read that i have DONE EVERYTHING THAT I CAN WITHOUT GOING TO A SHOP!!! You obviously dont know much you're just an internet warrior who wants to get cocky behind a computer/phone. You've had no suggestions at all. You're a waste of time and if anybodys talking to a wall its me!

You have performed NOT ONE SINGLE DIAGNOSTIC TEST that a shop would do.

How could you possibly think that you have DONE ANYTHING to warrant not going to that shop...??????

I told you, get a scan TOOL AND GET DIRECTION......

Instead of thinking you are hurting my feelings with name calling, you would be better served to just LISTEN......

make no mistake, you have more in common with a wall than probably any other on this planet.....

you want to start over, clean slate, or do you prefer to whine and complain about how the internet has let you down?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Indy, I think he needs a little more hand holding. Exactly what type of scanner should he be looking for? There are endless options and prices with many different capabilities. Then what test should he be running to help diagnose his issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In the process of pullong plugs. So far number 4 is white with a little brown. Very little brown no gas. Appears to be running lean!

·
Registered
335 Posts

1 - 20 of 45 Posts