Ford Mustang Forums banner

Phoenix area Tuner shop ???

12K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  fasterthangas 
#1 ·
Need some advise on reputable EFI Tuner for my fresh 408. Any help
on an honest , knowledgeable shop? Thanks for the input

#3 ·
I've been looking for reputable places out here for a little while.... I've witnessed my buddy go through a few places with his 01 GT and they could never get his tune correct; one would get the starting and idle ok, but it would not make #### for power, then another would get great WOT performance, but it would run like crap in normal driving.

I have heard positive things about Duffy's although I have never had personal dealings with them.

What system are you using with your 408? The stock EEC or something else?

#4 ·
Don't know if they do pushrod, but Dyno Solutions in chandler has done a bunch of mod stangs and is probably one of the biggest modular Lightning shops in the western US. I see plates from all over when I go over. Shawn and Co are doing my 4V hi comp tune in a few weeks. Good luck.

#10 ·
Interested to hear how it goes. GL with the numbers!

#11 ·
Keith at Arizona Dyno Chip it the real deal. He was awesome, professional and got the most out of my car with a sligtly conservative tune to yield great results with drivabiity in mind. Long story short, my numbers were lower than I was hoping for but not by much and I know exactly what I need... better heads and more aggressive cam.
If you need or want any partivular info about my visit to ADC, feel free to PM me.

2 thumbs up from me for ADC

#13 ·
Yes T5 trans. Have not looked at the graph because I cant open it but I had 278hp and 326tq, I dont have peak hp or tq rpm points. Keith spent most of the time getting the fuel right and then worked on the timing. Made a couple of timing changes and saw no improvement. After the final pull, he turned the o2 sensors back on and it went ot ####, so bad sensors. Currently running open loop until I get new sensors. Planning on putting offroad h pipe back on

#15 ·
Why did he have the o2 sensors removed? Do you mean the second set for the cats?

I just replaced my o2's as they were causing my ECU to dump large amounts of fuel. These were the first pair downstream as I don't run cats.

Sometimes I wish I had a manual because the auto tranny tuning is what seems to challenge tuners the most.

#17 ·
If anyone is interested there is a new shop in Chandler called Arizona Elite Motorsports. Bill and Kirsten Messer have a brand new awd Mustang dyno with all the bells and whistles. Bill used to tune in Dubai for the crown prince for a couple of years, had one of the best hp vette shops in Colorado and has tuned many cars for "Pinks" episodes. He pulled 450/450 rwhp out of my C headed 4v with an old 6# p600b procharger on it till the p600b blew and then retuned me for 330/335 rwhp N/A till I can afford to get the blower rebuilt or get a turbo setup. Both tunes are great and have great manners. Last time I talked to Bill he was tuning a helicopter with a turbocharged vw engine. Give them a call at 480-886-1700 or check out their FB page @ https://m.facebook.com/Arizona-Elite-Motorsports-and-Dyno-753014124843255/ Tell them computer Mike Sent you.....

#18 ·
There's only one in the city that I trust. Bill Messer at AEM.
No bs and they tune for drivability. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: MVK13
#19 ·
My neighbor just took his tuned Termi to Arizona Dyno Chip because of emissions problems, and Keith took great care of him.

#21 ·
AEM Tuned my turbo 4V and also tuned it when it was supercharged. Bill used to tune for the crown Prince of Dubai. I've got 450/450rw and the manners are amazing. I lost 1mpg from my stockish PI 2V lol. Tell them Mike Kirk sent you via the corral. ARIZONA ELITE MOTORSPORTS Dyno Tuning Phoenix area 480-886-1700

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
AEM Tuned my turbo 4V and also tuned it when it was supercharged. Bill used to tune for the crown Prince of Dubai. I've got 450/450rw and the manners are amazing. I lost 1mpg from my stockish PI 2V lol. Tell them Mike Kirk sent you via the corral. ARIZONA ELITE MOTORSPORTS Dyno Tuning Phoenix area 480-886-1700

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
Yup. He's the real deal. I've used him twice now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.