Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a higher end shop with reasonable pricing on custom paint. Anything in the general Seattle area (Issaquah, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett) would be fine.

Basically, I don't want a super cheap Maaco special but also don't want the super expensive Jesse James-esque premium coat.

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
higher end and reasonable price is not conducive to each other.. Hopefully early next year I will have a piant booth in my garage that will be built later this year. I painted kenworth trucks for 8 years, and I think I do pretty good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are a number of body/collision/restoration shops in Bellevue between 120th and 140th and between 20th and Bel-Red road. Yeah, there's a maaco too, but there's quite a few shops, one of which quoted me $5,000 to repaint my midnight blue GT. I'm 23, work as a valet and go to school, needless to say I'll be probably learning to paint it myself before I end up forking over 5 grand for someone else to paint my car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
doc said:
I'm looking for a higher end shop with reasonable pricing on custom paint. Anything in the general Seattle area (Issaquah, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett) would be fine.

Basically, I don't want a super cheap Maaco special but also don't want the super expensive Jesse James-esque premium coat.

Thanks

Give Collision Masters in Kirkland a call. We used them exclusively when I worked at Toyota of Kirkland. They do awesome work and are reasonably priced. Especially given the price and the stellar service!

Collision Masters
13635 NE 126th Place #200 - Kirkland, Washington 98034
(425) 821-1995
http://www.autorebuild.com/

Hope this helps, Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
It might be a little too far south for you, but RS Color Design in Burien is a great shop. They really understand new paint technology, and they've done great work in the past for me on my Cougar and Cobra. The people I've sent there have all been very happy with their work also.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The quality of paintwork is usually directly proportional to the price paid. My father-in-law painted rods and customs for 60 years. The stuff he painted later in his career usually cost between ten and twenty grand, but it also won things like "best paint" at the Oakland Roadster Show. Five grand for a complete repaint is about the going rate from a decent shop. My wife's Cobra got keyed a couple of years ago and Randy at West Coast Restorations in Snohomish repainted the right side of the car for $1500. I'd highly recommend him. WCR specializes in Mustangs and they do concours quality work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Showcase Auto Body in Kirkland. They painted my Mustang in early 2000, and it looks like the paint job is 6 days old rather than 6 years, point is: THEIR WORK IS AWESOME!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts