Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Doing up a 91 notch with a 5.3 and a T56.

What are you guys using for the clutch setup? Any specific kits for the hydro clutch conversion? Let's see some of your setups. I am to that point of buying parts. Looking for a someone cheap way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
check Quicktime bellhousings, I know they make a bell that can use your stock Mustang cable

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unsure if I want to use a cable or the hydro kit. Just seeing what people used and how they set it up.

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
The hydro conversion kit for mustangs suck. The master cyl mounted where the firewall adjuster would go is a mess.

Stick with the cable or put a prostock pedal in the car.

Tim

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used the McLeod conversion kit. It's true the fluid has to be changed a lot. So make sure you add a speed bleed to make it easy. Look in the picture below. The reservoir is right next to the brake booster. I attached it to the shock tower.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I made my whole setup on the cheap...Got a 3/4'' master cylinder from speedway(roughly $30), speed bleeder from Tick, and got all of my 3/8''-24 pedal adjustment turn buckle and heim joint from Steinjager(about $35)...For the plunger into the M/C, I just used a 3/8''-24 bolt and ground the hex on the head into a round plunger...The M/C came with 5/16 fine hardware...It was way too flimsy and I kept bending adjusting rods so I bumped up to 3/8'' hardware... I should be charging for this info...lol

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Kept my Tremec 3550, used a QuickTime bellhousing and went with a McLeod twin disc clutch. Still cable operated because that's what I prefer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts