Ford Mustang Forums banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Stinger Performance offers fire bottle mounts for your factory Fox seats. These brackets fit on the rear of the seat frame and utilize existing factory mounting holes. No drilling was required on my ‘85-86 GT seats, a true bolt in. All required hardware was supplied. The vendor shipped promptly and the parts were well packed.

I suppose you could install these without pulling the seat out, but it isn’t a big deal to remove them. It also provided a great opportunity to lube the seat tracks.

Manufacturers Link:

https://www.stinger-performance.com/store/extinguisher-mounts-mustang

Brief Install Video:

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
I need to put an extinguisher on my list.

Reactions: 90trunk

·
Registered
601 Posts
My mirror fell off this past winter while in storage.Funny thing is I had installed a Ford Performance 03-04 Cobra style leather shift knob with the brushed aluminum button on top a few years earlier,and where do you think the mirror fell?
That's right,I know have a messed up concave shift button WTF.LOL

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
My mirror fell off this past winter while in storage.Funny thing is I had installed a Ford Performance 03-04 Cobra style leather shift knob with the brushed aluminum button on top a few years earlier,and where do you think the mirror fell?
That's right,I know have a messed up concave shift button WTF.LOL
Mine did the same thing!

The new one sold by LMR is not the same quality being a reproduction, so I’ve just been living with the small dent!

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Finally tracked down a set of mesh headrests for the Recaros. Was harder to find than you think and I still need to recover them to match.

3332EB6C-5AD3-45D0-893A-41DE9A524AEE.jpeg

4AC5C80C-228F-49E3-809E-B626C83006D1.jpeg

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Looks great. How do they feel compared to standard headrest? I am planning out new seats and trying to figure all angles. I generally like neck support and am curious.

I’d consider rebuilding Recaros if I could find some to sit in and feel if I liked them.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Love mine but haven't put them on yet. They don't adjust like the ergo headrests. To me the halos are primarily for looks. But looks are good enough. I was worried when I turned mine over to the upholsterer since the halos are pretty rare even back six years ago when I found them, and difficult to find with undamaged netting. But all went well and they match the seats perfectly.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Luck would have it I was messing with the seats when I rear your post about the difference in headrest comfort. I only stuck one in to test fit, but sat in both seats. The block headrests offer much more support. You can adjust them up and down and they tilt forward pretty far. They also extend up slightly for taller people. Comfort wise, they win. They are very similar in movement to the 87-89 GT and the 03/04 cobra big 4-way headrests.

the mesh halos are more for looks really. They are pretty much like the 83-86 halos. When I sit in them, my head really only touches the top of the hoop, and it’s not the comfortable way. You really have to tilt your head back to make contact. They have no adjustment

47926A10-59A1-49E4-B06B-AC2B46B80FB7.jpeg

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
After almost a year of DD'ing my 4 cyl 93 coupe with the 2008 base cloth seats, I'm pretty much sold on them. The bad part is, I have also a 1992 GT that still has a set of nice original GT seats, and by comparison the GT seats suck, which means I'm now on the lookout for a set of newer Mustang seats to go into it as well. Or maybe not, I can't seem to get it to run right and if it ain't running right I ain't gonna be sitting in the seat much. Honestly totally frustrated with it and considering doing something different. It's a nice car but if I can't drive it without it jerking and complaining all the time, something's gonna be changed until either I can or it finds a new heart or owner.

Those recaro's are nice!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
More on Gentex mirrors... I removed my GM sourced Gentex 177 and installed a Nissan sourced Gentex 453. This added Homelink and displays the temp/compass readings at the same time.

I wanted to mention Nissan and GM use different air temp sensors. At 70*F the GM unit measured 3300 ohms and the Nissan unit was at 9800 ohms. I found the GM temp sensor would display 140*F at 70*F ambient with the Nissan 453 mirror, so it's not even close. Just a head's up for anyone sourcing these items from eBay or the local Pick-A-Part...

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Any pictures by chance? I might like that as an upgrade too.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
I love mine. Very nice subtle upgrade. Especially since I no longer get smacked in the face by the garage door opener when I hit 2nd

989A9C27-92D5-4AF2-9069-656317099F48.jpeg

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
That IS a nice upgrade. 👍

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Gentex 341 is a good mirror to track down. Has Homelink, compass, outside temp, auto dim and a map light.

there are some mirrors that also display a rear camera if that’s something you want.

I’m using the Nissan mirror in mine as posted above.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Mike - I have a Vert that needs a map light as part of the interior illumination. The current mirror is a Gentex, self-dimming with map light and compass (not working). What vehicles/MY did the Gentex 341 come on?

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Sebring/dodge stratus, although unsure of the year.

a few on eBay with the wiring kits

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Thanks. My current mirror is from a Sebring Vert I believe. Would love to have the Homelink and operational Compass/Temp features too.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'm on the search for a Gentex 3345 that has homelink, comp, temp, and backup camera. Ain't found none in the yards yet so I can't point anyone to what cars had them. My neighbor said his Tundra has one but I don't know what year, etc

That and a pair of seats of some sort for the 92 and a driveshaft for it (probably buy a new one). Driveshaft is not performance related, just getting rid of some vibration since the local drive shaft shop sucks

161 - 180 of 198 Posts