161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Mine is running. :) cake walk install.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wish I would have gotten the X Max even though I am not using it now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So for those that have the x and are up and running, what do you think? Any regrets? Would rather have went with something like the pimpxs? I'm currently planning to get one. Only concerns are the i/o.
Installed mine a few weeks ago and have around 120 miles or so of driving on it so far and I have been very impressed. Straight forward install, instructions are thorough and lots of info online from fellow users to find extra info for any questions in regards to your particular setup. Initial startup was easy and it fired right up. The software is very user friendly both on the handheld (it is amazing how much can be done from the handheld and the ease of making small changes on the fly) and on a laptop. I'm still tweaking small things but drivability has already improved substantially on my car and I love being able to data log when I get on it hard and being able to view the logs and see exactly what the car was doing instead of just "listening for rattling and calling it good". As far as inputs and outputs, there are four of each. I have one output assigned to the ford IAC and one i/o assigned to my two step. My electric fans were already going through a DCC controller and dialled in nicely so I left them as is but wouldn't be an issue if/when I control them through the holley.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #164

·
Registered
279 Posts
The wizard had a pretty simple timing table. The computer software has a more complex timing curve in the base sample tunes.

Anyone try the one in the computer software? What does you timing table look like?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Installed mine a few weeks ago and have around 120 miles or so of driving on it so far and I have been very impressed. Straight forward install, instructions are thorough and lots of info online from fellow users to find extra info for any questions in regards to your particular setup. Initial startup was easy and it fired right up. The software is very user friendly both on the handheld (it is amazing how much can be done from the handheld and the ease of making small changes on the fly) and on a laptop. I'm still tweaking small things but drivability has already improved substantially on my car and I love being able to data log when I get on it hard and being able to view the logs and see exactly what the car was doing instead of just "listening for rattling and calling it good". As far as inputs and outputs, there are four of each. I have one output assigned to the ford IAC and one i/o assigned to my two step. My electric fans were already going through a DCC controller and dialled in nicely so I left them as is but wouldn't be an issue if/when I control them through the holley.
oops, was for you. But I will take answers from all.

So how is hot/cold start and drive ability over I assume stock with a chip?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
This is the vortech 363? How is it for you? Cam specs? Are you having low rpm cam Driveability issues?
Yes. Cam is 23x/24x. Drives like a dream. 30mph 5th gear 1300rpm No surging. It's 10 times better than the stock computer running a much smaller B31 cam. I absolutely love it so far.

Also, I am using the software. The hand held will keep you safe and running, but you'll obviously have the best results doing your own tables unique to your build.

The only thing I'm running into is the IAC isn't exactly doing exactly as commanded. But since that's the ONLY thing I need to tinker with I'm still giving this thing 5 of 5 stars.

Reactions: rob

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Fantastic! Mine is 243/249, I may go smaller. I will install my x in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yes. Cam is 23x/24x. Drives like a dream. 30mph 5th gear 1300rpm No surging. It's 10 times better than the stock computer running a much smaller B31 cam. I absolutely love it so far.

Also, I am using the software. The hand held will keep you safe and running, but you'll obviously have the best results doing your own tables unique to your build.

The only thing I'm running into is the IAC isn't exactly doing exactly as commanded. But since that's the ONLY thing I need to tinker with I'm still giving this thing 5 of 5 stars.

Are you using the Ford IAC or the GM LS style IAC?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
What iac issues are you having?

·
Registered
279 Posts
IAC is not correct in the wizard you have to set it up.

My car is stock and was un tuned. Start up is good might spin a second longer before lighting off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Inputs:
iac kick input
dome pressure
2 step (optional)
flex fuel (optional)

Outputs:
IAC
Electric fan 1
Electric fan 2
Air conditioning shutdown at wide open throttle
(boost control) <-issue

This doesn't leave an output for a boost controller. I feel like my only option to run these accessories with the x is to either run the fans together as one output or to run a separate fan controller. Any thoughts? Anything I could be forgetting?

·
Registered
453 Posts
The only real downside I can see to running the fans together is the instantaneous amp draw if they both start together. Having staged fans for cooling is fun in concept, but not really necessary.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
What iac issues are you having?
Fixed it. In the base tune from Holley the output pin for the IAC was not assigned. Kinda crazy how well my car ran without having a functioning IAC. Now I just need to get it adjusted so when I push the clutch in at 2500-4000 when I shift the RPM's don't drop faster than Ford stock.

·
Registered
870 Posts
anyone running any large (1000cc) injectors with this yet? If so what did you go with and any regrets or issues

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've determined a solution as I really want to run this system. While a separate fan controller is a good option, it will be cheaper and easier to run the fans from the ecu as I won't have to buy a controller. The fans will be paired as one output but the plan is to run them together using pwm. This should decrease the initial draw of amps and will effectively allow the use of separate fan control.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've determined a solution as I really want to run this system. While a separate fan controller is a good option, it will be cheaper and easier to run the fans from the ecu as I won't have to buy a controller. The fans will be paired as one output but the plan is to run them together using pwm. This should decrease the initial draw of amps and will effectively allow the use of separate fan control.
Research a Corvette pwm module, the LS crowd uses it for this application.

161 - 180 of 214 Posts