Ford Mustang Forums banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
For 87Smokemetalic: Here are all of my idle settings.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
We've been fighting a 3500 RPM breakup for two weeks now. Started, idled and free revved fine, but under load would not get past 3500 RPM without getting very ugly. So we re-installed the software, confirmed the distributor lock down and ECU controlling spark advance, exchanged emails with Danny on the Holley forum, got a firmware update and still no joy. Narrowed the plug gap - nada. Sent data logs to Holley tech (nearly useless). Then started replacing stuff with known good parts starting with the sn95 distributor and remote TFI, the coil then the injectors. The 36# injectors were supposed to be Ford high impedance but we swapped them out for stock 19#s for the test. Night and day difference. The motor runs so much better than ever. Ordered some Holley 36#s today, should be in next week.

Obviously, the system will run on low impedance injectors, but not well even at idle. The 19#s clearly displayed what the correct impedance does for idle, start, free revving and under load.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Any one else make it to the track yet with the new Terminator X? I have been twice. Far as I can tell it runs about the same as the A9L. I do enjoy the datalogs.

I was hoping someone else with a N/A stick car would like to swap or share their tune and data log files. I would like to see how the different setups compare.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I would but I don't drag race; autocross and open track only. We may have an A/X event in August but it depends on large gathering rules at that time.

And finally got it sorted. Picking it up tomorrow and will be breaking in the new motor, clutch and rear gears for the next week or so. It's been so long - can't wait.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Let me know when you get it going I would like to see tunes and data logs. Mine is far from perfect but I will be glad to share. My car is a street/strip car but it's stock, so I could really compare any N/A WOT log.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
More than happy to help. But mine isn't stock. It's a 349 stroker, custom cam, etc., but is a N/A, 5 speed car.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
No track action yet. Been breaking a few hearts on the street though. Also been enjoying how damn smooth and stock like the car drives. It's so damn nice. Been down a few weeks while my foot heals from surgery. Hopefully I can get some actual ET's in before summer's end.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
The simple data logging ability is great. I was getting random lean spikes in my datalog at wot and my tach would bounce around after 5,000rpm. Had to bend the pins on the tfi harness. Made another wot datalog pull and all was fine. Its almost perfect across to the commanded target, no lean spikes and no tach bouncing around.

I also made a custom 2D table for injector end angle using the program one of the guys on the holley forums made. I also made a relay panel under the seat by the ecu to hide my fuel pump and coil relay. I have a 12v switched tap, ground tap and direct battery tap with a fuse panel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The simple data logging ability is great. I was getting random lean spikes in my datalog at wot and my tach would bounce around after 5,000rpm. Had to bend the pins on the tfi harness. Made another wot datalog pull and all was fine. Its almost perfect across to the commanded target, no lean spikes and no tach bouncing around.

I also made a custom 2D table for injector end angle using the program one of the guys on the holley forums made. I also made a relay panel under the seat by the ecu to hide my fuel pump and coil relay. I have a 12v switched tap, ground tap and direct battery tap with a fuse panel.
The data logging is awesome! I fired up a new engine today. Data logged cranking and startup. Had to push on the peddle to get it to fire, idle was no go. Looked at data log, fuel table and spark way off for this combo. Added to both tables while data logging and cranking. Took 3 updates and she was learning and idling fine. FYI engine makes 22 in vacuum and cylinder pressure is ~ 185psi, she's moving some air that's for sure!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I also made a custom 2D table for injector end angle using the program one of the guys on the holley forums made.
I don't know what "injector end angle" is. Got a link to the discussion on the Holley forum?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I don't know what "injector end angle" is. Got a link to the discussion on the Holley forum?

Post #96 has the calculation info and how to do it. Make sure in the software under injector info your end angle is 0.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts