Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im having to start a new thread b/c the old one is getting very long and the 1st page on it is not current with information and its over 1 year old (13,000+views and 250+posts on it). I can confidently say that this kit I designed has become the most popular SBF low mount billet alternator bracket on the market with over 200 kits sold in 18 months and virtually zero negative feedback. This thread is current with up to date information on the kits and what types of accessory setups it will fit and which ones require slight modification.These are setup as delivered to work with fox body serpentine pulleys, but can be modified to work with v-belts and have been used successfully several times with v-belts!

Ive had alot of customers get their bracket kits and email me saying the pulleys dont line up. IF YOU ARE RUNNING A AFTERMARKET (ATI, PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS, SOME FORD RACING, INNOVATORS WEST, TCI ETC..) THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE THICKER FRONT SPACER BUILT INTO THE BALANCER, YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE A .950" THICK CRANK PULLEY SPACER TO GET BACK TO THE STOCK 5.0L SERPENTINE SPACING.
Ford Racing Crankshaft Pulley Spacers M-8510-B351 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

THESE ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IN A SATIN HAND BRUSHED FINISHED AND ARE PASSENGER SIDE MOUNT ONLY!
What these will not fit:
THESE WILL NOT FIT THE SN-95 PULLEY SETUP UNLESS IT IS MODIFIED ON THE STAND-OFF AND SPACER LENGHT AND WILL NOT WORK WITH AUSTRALIAN MADE FRONT DRESS/TIMING COVERS THESE WILL NOT WORK WITH A FRONT MOTOR PLATE AND WILL NOT WORK WITH A SMOG PUMP These are setup to work with the 2G and 3G late model ford alternators, but many customers have run GM 1 wire setups on them by machining down the lenght of the stand-off on the head and the 2 spacers.
WILL NOT FIT PASSENGER SIDE LOWER RADIATOR HOSE
EDIT: SN95/94 timing cover/water pump setup can be seen here:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/win...w-mount-alternator-brackets.html#post10910331

Setups that will bolt on with no problems:
Standard 302 or 351W blocks with electric water pumps and no other accessorys. I have spacers for ALL electric pumps. It will not work with remote water pump block adapter fittings.

If running a mechanical water pump and alternator ONLY, you will need to get a ribbed serpentine water pump pulley, or run v-belts. The belt will route over the water pump pulley (looks like a triangle once its routed around crank and alternator). ASP Racing in Stafford, TX sells ribbed water pump pulleys with the dual bolt pattern Part number 820021. The pump I recomend for serpentine standard rotation is the 1990 Crown Victoria 5.0L. These can be found at your local auto parts store.

If your running A/C and/or Powersteering, it will work fine with a normal fox body reverse rotation pump and the belt will route under the water pump pulley and up to the A/C compressor and down to the power steering.

These kits come complete with all parts fully CNC machined and every machined component is MADE IN THE USA! Grade 8 hardware and billet spacers and tensioner assembly are included. It takes less than 5 minutes to bolt this kit on and run down the street with a few wrenches and a socket. Belt lenghts vary depending on engine application, pulley sizes, etc.. so I always recomend running a string over the pulleys with the tensioner completely closed and taking that measurement to your local parts house.

PRICING and SHIPPING/PAYMENT INFO:
If your running a setup that is not using a CSR or Pro-Comp water pump, the price is $105 shipped to the lower 48 states. If your running a CSR or Pro-Comp water pump, the price is $130 shipped to the lower 48 states. I ship with fedex ground, so it will take 4 days or less to your door. I only accept paypal or money orders (postal prefferred). The absolute best way to contact me is EMAIL, my email is [email protected] I have sent several of these kits to Canada and Australia via US Postal flat rate international, but shipping will be extra to international customers.
UPDATE** Effective March 1, 2016 prices will go up $5 a kit. The CSR will be $135, and non-csr kits will be $110. *****
REFUND POLICY!!!!!
I will refund $80 on the $105 kits, and $110 on the $130 kits on UN-USED kits that are complete and have not been bolted to an engine. Buyer to pay return shipping. Reason for the $80 and $110 is the shipping costs I pay to get your parts to you.

Picutures of various installations:
Meziere 55gpm electric pump

Moroso billet pump:

V-belt setup:

Pro-comp COG pulley setup:

CSR and Pro-Comp bracket setup:

Mechanical pump with no AC or PS:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it will. Uses the stock reverse rotation pump.

Reactions: Meegs

·
Registered
793 Posts
Nice product here folks. Aron I'll be ordering another one for my new turbo project.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aaron, have you or any of your previous customers had a chance to test your setup with ALT, WP, and PS only? I only ask because I am concerned with the minimal amount of belt wrap on the WP pulley vs: what an Alt, WP, PS, and AC setup gives. Thanks in advance for any input you could give. :)

Jason

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a customer that I just sold one to that is running that setup. I dont have any feedback yet. The other way to do it would be to run a standard rotation pump, a grooved ASP pulley, and run it over the pump and down to the P/S pump.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Please PM a price for a CSi water pump on a 351W Im only running alt and crank. Need a shipped price Thanks.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM sent. They run $125 shipped to lower 48 states.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a customer that I just sold one to that is running that setup. I dont have any feedback yet. The other way to do it would be to run a standard rotation pump, a grooved ASP pulley, and run it over the pump and down to the P/S pump.
When you get some feedback from this customer, would you mind posting the info up? I will check in for any feedback from time to time. I want to do this soon, but want to do it properly without any belt squeal.

Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill definatly try to keep everyone updated on that setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you Aaron. I appreciate it, and look forward to being another satisfied customer. :)

Jason

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Aaron...

I just sent you $125 paypal for a bracket on a 351 windsor runnning CSR Electric Water Pump...

thank

Brent Clay

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the order Brent. Emailed you the tracking number.:)

1 - 20 of 893 Posts