Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Has anyone else received their Kenne Bell and started their install yet? Very interested in the quality on this run. I expect it is very good?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know its and old thread though this looks interesting. If someone installed this yet, how does it look for the spark plugs? Such with getting at them to do a tune up.

·
Indo-Canuck-Yankee
2,744 Posts
LOL. Spark plug access isn’t any different than it would be with an EFI intake plenum overhanging a valve cover.

Reactions: HellionGT

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just asking, it looks like it hangs much farther then an oem manifold. Even with the intake tube on the other side it looks to be a slight issue. From your sig it looks like you have one, so you should know. Cool, thanks! I will definitely start to put some money away for this.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
You will make real good power with E-85. Gotta learn to read the plugs tho to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just got my Holley Terminator X up and running. Going to go ahead and install the KB on the car as is and switch to E85 in the next month or so. I'll build another motor over the winter.
Gotta check in with ya on this LEE Boss, still curious, I was just on the TPS website and could find these anymore.

·
Registered
25,013 Posts
Getting close, probably doing the swap this weekend. Been busy with a lot of projects and my daughter graduates from USAFA in a month. View attachment 1072243 View attachment 1072244

I suggest while you have it out of the car, to get the belt alignment perfect

even with the KB supplied hardware, i found the a/c compressor out of alignment as well as power steering depth

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
98 Posts
I suggest while you have it out of the car, to get the belt alignment perfect

even with the KB supplied hardware, i found the a/c compressor out of alignment as well as power steering depth
I didn't know the belt had alignment. I had one years ago and I don't know it.

·
Registered
25,013 Posts
i know

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
That comes back to the Explorer GT40 intakes. It's posted many times that the lower intake of those is not an exact match to the Cobra intakes the KB kits were made for. The ports being forward or rearward more, moves the belt the same.

Someone should have made an adapter plate to mount the KB plenum onto a different lower than the GT40's. I'd choose the TFS R lower, it's the shortest with very large ports, much better than the GT40.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Someone should have made an adapter plate to mount the KB plenum onto a different lower than the GT40's. I'd choose the TFS R lower, it's the shortest with very large ports, much better than the GT40.
I mounted mine to a TFS R lower, but I was using a Reichard Racing upper that bolted to it that I mounted an I/C inside and then made my own outlet manifold from the S/C over to the Reichard Racing upper.
It is all of matter of how much you want to make it work. Which translates into how many $ you want to spend to make it work.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I mounted mine to a TFS R lower, but I was using a Reichard Racing upper that bolted to it that I mounted an I/C inside and then made my own outlet manifold from the S/C over to the Reichard Racing upper.
It is all of matter of how much you want to make it work. Which translates into how many $ you want to spend to make it work.
You know I love your build, that was a great idea I had from almost 15 years ago. You did it all very well, of course for maximum reliability and power for racing.

I meant the countless people who have settled for the small GT40 intake, and the KB plenum. It shouldn't be hard to make an adapter plate to go between the KB plenum and a big lower intake. I also am aiming for the IC above the lower, that's a natural path for the air and keeps it all compact.

I only have the heads and intake so far, and the KB 2200 I have, I'm planning to swap to a 2600.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts