Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
What advice? You just attack the question and then my motives. When I say that isn't helpful you reply "Just ribbin' ya, nothing personal." And I ain't screamed at anyone. Neither did I come here to hear irrelevant personal attacks - and you dang well did go out of your way to make it personal. You apparently are a mind-reader to boot. I came hear hoping for specific INFORMATION. Not slams from someone who has nothing better to add to any discussion apparently. Was I suppose to seek you out and kiss your ring before posting? Sorry - I didn't know you were some kind of royalty, although I should have by the smell of your BS. I mean hello, are you stupid or something? Why don't you grow a pair and more than two brain cells before you talk smack. He just wants to hear what he already thinks . . . you are Freud, too? How would you know a novella if you saw one? It doesn't seem like you have ever seen a book. Who the heck is acting arrogant here??? You don't want to help, leave it alone. You butted in without contributing squat. You make it personal and then you play it off like it ain't. Am I arrogant? I came him asking for help from someone who knows more than I do - I specifically said that. Do you understand English? Do you know what arrogant means? You ain't that person, obviously, so why don't you keep your sophomore crap to yourself.
Don't mind him. He watched "Mean Girls" and decided it's a instruction manual on how to live life.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm sorry....but I just have to ask.

Why "no overdirve"
I read here earlier that one of the guys said that he spins 6,500 rpms on the highway at cruising speeds, that tells me that he doesn't have a overdrive. My ford truck with 4.10's didn't turn over about 3,200 at 70 mph.

·
Registered
830 Posts
WTF. That's not even what you said. You mentioned reaching 6500 between stoplights. Like maybe in 1st or 2nd gear?

Nobody cruises at 6500 on the highway. With a 26" tire that's like 120mph even with 4.11s and no overdrive.

Use your brain.
Somebody mentioned that they turn 6500 on the highway and that's impossible with a overdrive. You put a car on the street that's designed to spin 6500 and better it's not going to be long before you are going to have to rebuild it

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's impossible without an overdrive unless you want a reckless driving ticket. Nobody is cruising on the highway at 6500 RPM. Either you misunderstood or the person who said that is a dumbass.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Somebody mentioned that they turn 6500 on the highway and that's impossible with a overdrive. You put a car on the street that's designed to spin 6500 and better it's not going to be long before you are going to have to rebuild it
No I was talking about high way pulls. If you are cruising at 70 mph in 5th and drop down to 3rd you’ll hit 6500 rpm quickly in my car.

I’m not talking about cruising. My car cruises at about 2400 rpm at 70 mph.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It would be a complete surprise to me if someone asked a question on here and it actually got answered directly with out the topic going completely in a different direction or rude comments.

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It would be a complete surprise to me if someone asked a question on here and it actually got answered directly with out the topic going completely in a different direction or rude comments.
You know this is the internet.....right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Some people, including myself, attempted to give the OP sound advice but it wasn't what he wanted to hear so he got mad and complained that nobody was validating his thought process.

Some people ask questions and don't like the answers so they try to steer everyone into giving them the answer they want.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It would be a complete surprise to me if someone asked a question on here and it actually got answered directly with out the topic going completely in a different direction or rude comments
Some people, including myself, attempted to give the OP sound advice but it wasn't what he wanted to hear so he continued to spray verbal diarrhea from his finger tips. Then he got mad and complained that nobody was validating his absurd thought process.

Some people ask questions and don't like the answers so they try to bully everyone into giving them the answer they want. It's moronic.
I didn't read his entire post.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Some people, including myself, attempted to give the OP sound advice but it wasn't what he wanted to hear so he continued to spray verbal diarrhea from his finger tips. Then he got mad and complained that nobody was validating his absurd thought process.

Some people ask questions and don't like the answers so they try to bully everyone into giving them the answer they want. It's moronic.
I'm fine with guys that predetermine according to whatever. After all, it's their VISA card. In the end, the customer is always right, even when he's full of it....at least until he calls back complaining (but I keep notes, emails and texts.....forever)

I give them my opinion, if they want to do something else, hey, it's their money, it's their choice.

Most people genuinely want to understand. If that takes, two questions, I'll answer them. If it takes forty, I'll answer those too. If they arrive at a different conclusion, I don't see any reason to take it personally. After all, as they used to say, "All roads lead to Rome."

I only take umbrage when people post utter bovine feces. Unfortunately, there is a lot of that. Take Dynamic Compression Ratio, and Average Cross Section for example......

·
Registered
164 Posts
dynamic doesn't know trapped.
But most pump engines will end up
In between 7.5ish/8.5.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I only take umbrage when people post utter bovine feces. Unfortunately, there is a lot of that. Take Dynamic Compression Ratio, and Average Cross Section for example......
I agree. And frankly even a novice does not need to get bogged down by a lot of details like that. They should put their time into learning about assembly, parts interchangeability (28oz, 50oz, 157 teeth, 164 teeth, front covers, water pumps, dipsticks, fuel pump eccentrics etc. etc. etc. that will cause delays and headaches if you get it wrong), and the details of measuring and putting an engine together correctly. There are thousands and thousands of combos and dyno results that give you a reasonable idea of what works and what doesn't. If you're detail oriented and learn how to put it together right, then you can basically copy something that has worked for others, maybe even know enough to combine different aspects of what others have done to suit your needs. And you can do it all without worrying about minutia only F1 teams should be talking about, or not talking about because they know it's nonsense. Do I expect too much? Probably!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Lol, I’ll go out and buy long tubes if you can prove they’ll add at least 25 rear wheel horsepower to my 331.

10 horsepower is not worth the inconvenience of scrapping the ground all the time on a lowered Mustang.
Some long tubes have issues with ground clearance, some don’t. They’re all made differently from brand to brand. I know mine don’t scrape, in any of the 3 cars I’ve had them in, and my 95 they were in was pretty damn low. They’re a set of mac 1 3/4 x 3in ones and the fit was good. Plus the collector stays 3in throughout the coupler.

I wouldn’t say you’d gain 25 whp, but then again you’d probably get something, and more than likely see more power under peak.

Imo, if I’m buying headers, I’m buying long tubes - if they’re available. If you can find a set with some decent clearance, with a collector that’s the diameter it’s supposed to be all the way through.

I wouldn’t say they’re a waste.

Reactions: sn95gts331

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
332 Posts
I’m surprise nobody asked him what transmission and rear gear he is running. An AOD with a 3.27 gear is going to benefit from some thing entirely different than a t5 with a 4.30 rear gear. I’m guessing it is a full weight 94 Mustang. Fairly heavy.

I do find it pretty hard to believe that simply switching to a small chamber TFS 170 head Is going to gain an easy 40 hp minimum over what you have. Are they better? Sure they are. But 40 hp is a crazy number to me without changing anything else. Ask the guy you talk to if he would financially reimburse you if you did not meet that number? The answer will be no way!

The big problem with the question is that it is not a simple answer. You have a knock off Edelbrock performer RPM intake manifold and what is likely a very substandard shorty header along what is less than an ideal cam (Ed has probably done hundreds of these combos and designed cams for them with dyno and track times to back it up). So even if the trick flow twisted wedge 190 is ideal the intake, the cam, and the exhaust will hold them back. Probably significantly.

My opinion is you should definitely stay with the cylinder heads you have. Primarily due to your budget and not being willing or able to afford making other changes. They may be China cores but I would assume blue print inspected them and assembled them to their specs with halfway decent valves springs locks and retainers. A friend of mine had a conversation with his machinist/engine builder recently about blueprint engines. He now sells blue print engines to all the cruisers weekend car show types and general warmed up street performance build clients. Only machines and builds the race engines anymore. Apparently he sold hundreds of them only to have a couple come back. Blueprint immediately upheld their warranty. Shocking to me for an aftermarket engine. I used to think of blueprint as low dollar junk but maybe they are better than I assumed.

Starting from scratch I would suggest the 190 twisted wedge and a properly spec’ed cam shaft from someone like Ed. But that isn’t the case. At this point I don’t see the expense being worth it with your budget.

61 - 80 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.