Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the process of converting my mustang over to an AEM standalone and have run into a few issues. Though currently I am in need of some plug id help 20201121_175555.jpg 20201121_175550.jpg 20201121_175545.jpg 20201121_175539.jpg 20201121_175534.jpg

The car information a 1979 mustang ghia, it was swapped for a 1986 5.0 t5. I believe this plug is part of the body harness but not sure any help will be very appreciated.

The issue I am currently running into is I have no power in the interior of the car since the engine harness and ecu were removed if any one has any clue on that or things to check that would be dope.

·
Registered
23,947 Posts
that plug is to connect the dash and engine harnesses together

and are year specific

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha if only I knew what year it was. Any idea what the pin out is ? Like what it usually would be ?

·
Registered
23,947 Posts
I do not know the pin out

without knowing the harness year application, its just guessing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its either a 1979 or an 86. The engine is an 86 the body is a 79 and the standalone harness came out of a 90 I think and doesn't seem to have that plug

·
Registered
23,947 Posts
what is a stand alone harness?

there is an engine harness, body harness, dash harness

you are trying to do what?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stand alone is an aem plug n play for a ford harness. In this case it is a harness that has been modified to do coil on plug with ls coils, and a 4 bar map sensor. Was told the harness was from a 1990 gt.

I am trying keep the factory interior for now and am turboing the engine so run all the engine management on the aem.

Right now after removing the engine harness and ecu I have no power in the dash or body harness. So I am trying to figure out what I am missing. So I am trying to figure out which plugs have nothing plugged into them and also where the main power coming into the cab is

·
Registered
23,947 Posts
what are you actually trying to connect

modified 90 engine harness to a 79 dash?

give the exact years harnesses you have

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes that would be ideal, eventually I will switch it over to a lcd panel for all the gaugues but for now i am just trying get as much of the factory things working with the standalone running the engine management

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But honestly at the moment I am just trying to get the hvac, radio, ignition, light and signals working again

·
Registered
23,947 Posts
again

give the exact years harnesses you have

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I actually found the corresponding plug on the standalone hardware wow I am dumb. I has one that is white and one that is black

·
Registered
23,947 Posts
I dont know where you are going to get a 79 wiring diagram, so that you can see what he cluster needs from the engine harness

ford changed the pin outs and plug color many times, its not easy without wiring diagrams

1 - 14 of 14 Posts