Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Unicorn headlight switch?

i have only breezed thru most of this post, and not read every detail, but it sounds like you are wanting to auto cross this car? if so i suggest a good 2 core radiator (love my jegs brand) and a aftermarket, adjustable variable speed fan controller, if your tunning software doesn't cover this. add big brakes, and steep gears, and your good to go.

good luck!

Reactions: somanycorners

·
Registered
334 Posts
Love the direction you'really taking the suspension. I'll get there eventually

Only thing I see as questionable is the double hook quadrant and adjustable cable. The Ford OEM cable looks and feels better than the aftermarket adjustable that came in my SN95.

As far as the double hook quadrant, I broke an adjustable cable and a Ford cable with the unlabeled triple hook that came in my car. Very frustrating on a daily driver.

Switched to the MM quadrant and there's no random bound up pushes to the floor or odd intermittent cable noises. It's properly radiused, meets the cable at a tangent and rolls nicely.

Steeda may be better than whatever I had, but I'm not a believer in multi-hook quadrants anymore

·
The real white95!
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Unicorn headlight switch?

i have only breezed thru most of this post, and not read every detail, but it sounds like you are wanting to auto cross this car? if so i suggest a good 2 core radiator (love my jegs brand) and a aftermarket, adjustable variable speed fan controller, if your tunning software doesn't cover this. add big brakes, and steep gears, and your good to go.

good luck!
Yeah, my buddy dubbed the car "Unicorn" years ago.

While I do plan on some autocross, my goal is to attend HPDE events and eventually compete in NASA TT. With that said, a larger radiator and Setrab oil cooler are on the to-do list. Speaking of brakes, I have a hybrid S197 GT/GT500 14" rotor/Porterfield pad brake setup to install which should help for now. The long term plan calls for a complete Baer brakes setup but I plan to do a cage first. Currently, I have 3.73 gears but plan to switch them to 3.55's with 31 spline axles and a T2R differential. The budget hampers my reach at the moment.

Love the direction you'really taking the suspension. I'll get there eventually

Only thing I see as questionable is the double hook quadrant and adjustable cable. The Ford OEM cable looks and feels better than the aftermarket adjustable that came in my SN95.

As far as the double hook quadrant, I broke an adjustable cable and a Ford cable with the unlabeled triple hook that came in my car. Very frustrating on a daily driver.

Switched to the MM quadrant and there's no random bound up pushes to the floor or odd intermittent cable noises. It's properly radiused, meets the cable at a tangent and rolls nicely.

Steeda may be better than whatever I had, but I'm not a believer in multi-hook quadrants anymore
I've had that Steeda quadrant/cable since 06 and haven't had any issues to mention. I've heard horror stories as well and have considered replacing it but if it ain't broke... I would definitely replace it with MM parts and I've been working on purchasing the entire catalog lately :grin2:

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
i have a steeda triple hook, and i had an adjustable cable. the cable broke, and cost me a tow.....I would have tried to syncro shift but I had about 10 miles on my A5 transmission, and i wasn't going to risk it.....yes, i did a full trans swap and tried to keep my 8 year old cable :surprise:

The triple hook (and firewall adjustor) are still intact. The MM cable is waaaay smoother, and takes much less leg strength.

Reactions: somanycorners

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have a steeda triple hook, and i had an adjustable cable. the cable broke, and cost me a tow.....I would have tried to syncro shift but I had about 10 miles on my A5 transmission, and i wasn't going to risk it.....yes, i did a full trans swap and tried to keep my 8 year old cable

The triple hook (and firewall adjustor) are still intact. The MM cable is waaaay smoother, and takes much less leg strength.
Sounds like you may have had too much pre-load on the clutch after your swap and the cable was too old to handle it. Mine was adjusted wrong when I bought the car and it caused clutch slip and way too much pedal pressure, + cable fraying at the quadrant end

·
Registered
541 Posts
Did the studs come with the heads or the rockers?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts