Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a media only receiver to my '93 GT. I hate hate hate AM/FM radio. It's beyond ruined. I will sit in silence before listening to that garbage. I have CD's but don't listen to them in the car. I put them on my iPod. I instead listent to Pandora or SiriusXM or sometimes my iPod filled with my personal collection of music. I want a unit that will connect to my phone or that I can AUX in with my iPod. What brands are definite "stay away froms"? I'd even considered some marine media receivers.

I don't want to the AM/FM capability, but if it has AM/FM I won't even plug an antenna into it. I don't want or need the CD functionality. Bluetooth, Pandora, SiriusXM Ready. That's all I care about. Well that and not looking to spend a ton on the head unit. It seems some decent head units are available for under $150. I've seen JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer units that I may consider. I've also seen BOSS, but can't tell if they are the modern day Jensen from the 90's. And I see Jensen is still around too.

I've been away from stereo stuff for decades.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I want to add a media only receiver to my '93 GT. I hate hate hate AM/FM radio. It's beyond ruined. I will sit in silence before listening to that garbage. I have CD's but don't listen to them in the car. I put them on my iPod. I instead listent to Pandora or SiriusXM or sometimes my iPod filled with my personal collection of music. I want a unit that will connect to my phone or that I can AUX in with my iPod. What brands are definite "stay away froms"? I'd even considered some marine media receivers.

I don't want to the AM/FM capability, but if it has AM/FM I won't even plug an antenna into it. I don't want or need the CD functionality. Bluetooth, Pandora, SiriusXM Ready. That's all I care about. Well that and not looking to spend a ton on the head unit. It seems some decent head units are available for under $150. I've seen JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer units that I may consider. I've also seen BOSS, but can't tell if they are the modern day Jensen from the 90's. And I see Jensen is still around too.

I've been away from stereo stuff for decades.

Check them out and see if u like anything

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah, I'd recommend browsing the Crutchfield site and read some reviews of the models you like.

Keep in mind that Bluetooth (345kb max), Pandora (~64kb), SiriusXM (~24kb) are all relatively low bitrate digital signals due to the compression. Even if the content isn't that great in your area, I still find HD-Radio and CD's or better yet CD's ripped to FLAC files still have the best sound in my vehicles. (~1.5Mb).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts