Ford Mustang Forums banner

Machine shops

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  streetbrawlr 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good machine shop. Tried Bliss based on this thread, but the line has been disconnected and I couldn't find a listing in the yellow pages.
Thanks.

#2 ·
I use Schaps machine shop in longview wa. I only use him, his name is Rich Schaper and hes bleeds ford blue( He has a really nice 67 fairlane w/427 4spd) Hes built a few motors for me and I have never had a single prob with any of his work and hes extremely knowledgable. Quiet guy til you get to know him. Im friends with both of his sons too and we all have fox body stangs in different stages of ridiculousness lol (that a word?). I know its not a ford but we have a 67 dart that runs 9.50s on the motor and hes been involved with that engine since it was thought of and never a problem with it either just aim it and pull the trigger just to give you and example of him being familiar with race motors as well as street motors.Good prices too. If your a sideoiler guy youll really be his buddy. Getting ready to start on a 460 based motor hopefully with p-51 heads for my coupe. Hopefull start the machining this spring and have it in the car by fall with somekind of 4spd auto. Anyways hes always done right by me and I pound my cars whenever I get a chance and havent had a faliure that was engine related(except maybe the broken t-5s I keep making with the little 306 thats in my coupe now) Anyways hes a good machinist that stands by his work and charges a fair price.
Marvin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.