Ford Mustang Forums banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
There is no way an ootb Vic. Jr. intake designed for a 302 is not holding back a 363. Since you cannot go to a taller intake, have the Vic. Jr. fully ported and try some more timing on the dyno next time. I have never seen anyone recommend an ootb Vic. Jr. intake for a 363.
I went with the vic jr because I thought it was a step above an air gap. I read some threads where the users got good results with them on a 363 and some 347s

Can't assume a % loss. Maybe stingy dyno. If I where the op. I be asking the dyno guy about other stuff he has ran to compare it to. Or get a mph at the track..
Dyno isn't stingy. My 302 with performer heads b303cam and cobra intake made 267whp 287wtq on the same dyno. This motor made 328 for torque. It's a dyno jet

It would be interesting to see what your MAP pressure was at peak hp, this would let you know if you have an inlet restriction. You also want to know what your total fuel usage is at peak hp, this would give you a ball park estimate on your driveline loss. You gave cam duration, but I’d venture to say you’re lift is gotta be close or over .600 to feed your heads. Nothing stopping you from cranking up your timing a few degrees and taking a spin to see if there’s a difference.
How do I find map pressure and total fuel usage?

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
What year did Edelbrock come out with a Super Victor Carb intake for the SBF?

·
USAF retired
9,461 Posts
How do I find map pressure and total fuel usage?
I think he's talking about a vacuum in the intake at WOT. Typically if you've got vacuum at WOT it indicates a restriction in the intake tract.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lol, I’ll tell you the secret to all the greatest power you could dream of on a na engine, (pause) wait for it. Take it to a reputable shop man, stop listening to all the bullshit. Pull the engine and send it to Steve Morris or any other reputable shop, who can put it on a engine dyno and get you safe accurate data. My lord, Intake this timing that heads to big, transmission robbing power, what else oh too lean. I just had to chuckle. But what do I know I’m just a ape.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's 2021.
1d simulation is fine

Reactions: gub

·
Old timer
6,222 Posts
What year did Edelbrock come out with a Super Victor Carb intake for the SBF?
A Victor Jr can be reworked "quite a bit" for certain applications.

Disclaimer: No sockets were injured during this procedure.

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
413 Posts
So is that what a port match looks like Ed? Lol

Look how much that Plenum has been opened up. Looks fantastic!

·
Registered
'87 Cougah 428W - ⚡Cougar7.0⚡
5,024 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Lots of work in that intake.

I have been working on a parker for weeks and it’s about half way there. It doesn’t help that the casting needs to be reworked on every surface. It’s going on a 310 solid roller motor that I am putting together from odd and ends laying around the shop, including a set of Brodixheads that started out as 210 17* castings. I fit a 2.10 valve in it.
The corral is going to have a conniption fit when they see the size of the ports on this thing.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Lots of work in that intake.

I have been working on a parker for weeks and it’s about half way there. It doesn’t help that the casting needs to be reworked on every surface. It’s going on a 310 solid roller motor that I am putting together from odd and ends laying around the shop, including a set of Brodixheads that started out as 210 17* castings. I fit a 2.10 valve in it.
The corral is going to have a conniption fit when they see the size of the ports on this thing.....
I remember when I built my 289 and was talking about using Canfield 195 heads and a Parker intake. People thought I was a complete moron. After the dyno results track times and videos of it cruising around peacefully on the streets they pretty much shut their mouths.

Your new build sounds absolutely awesome. Those heads are killer I’m sure. Throwing something together from parts I have in the garage as well. Nothing as fancy as you though. Please make sure to keep us updated on the project. Thats something right up my alley

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
A Victor Jr can be reworked "quite a bit" for certain applications.
How bad did goof up by asking for a cam to work with the tfs long runner then switching up to the vic jr? And would you be able to port one of these enough to feed this motor properly? The one you posted looks great

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:ROFLMAO: I feel like a prophet. People, worship me.

• Haha
Reactions: sn95gts331

·
Registered
413 Posts
How bad did goof up by asking for a cam to work with the tfs long runner then switching up to the vic jr? And would you be able to port one of these enough to feed this motor properly? The one you posted looks great
One done up like what he posted could make a huge difference on your combo and provide it with everything it needs.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Hilarious!

Reactions: sn95gts331

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Not that it is relevant at this time, but back in 98' or 99' I did a back to back dyno test (engine dyno) on a built 347 with a Victor Jr and a Parker Funnel Web. We tried to optimize the combo for each intake. Played with jetting and timing to optimize the intake. End result was the Victor Jr was just a few Hp better everywhere. That is not to say the Parker was bad, it just was not quite the same. This was a N/A test with a engine built with a "Nitrous" cam. Max power was just over 600 HP @ about 7,600 rpm. Both intakes were out of box stock.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The PFW is not the super high rpm monster single plane most think. On my 289 it made peak torque 300 rpm lower than the Vic Jr. neither ported at the time. At the track there was no meaningful difference.

·
Old timer
6,222 Posts
Always search for, find and fix the root cause of the problem before looking into other things that may create more...

Also, ignore those posts from people with a severe case of cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: Cougar5.O
101 - 120 of 123 Posts