Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Good to,know. I have a stock 94 GT and assume I would need to have the pistons cut if I went with a 2.02 valves. But I would have to measure to be sure.
Following. I'm also installing heads with 2.02 intake valves on my '94 GT stock pistons.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Stock pistons have the valve reliefs forged (or cast) in, not cut. All bets are off.
I would assume they can be cut larger if necessary. Is this incorrect? I assume they have to be pulled to be cut so you are pretty much looking at a rebuild by that point. then you ave to look at the cost of cutting them vs buying some that already have the relief

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I would assume they can be cut larger if necessary. Is this incorrect? I assume they have to be pulled to be cut so you are pretty much looking at a rebuild by that point. then you ave to look at the cost of cutting them vs buying some that already have the relief
Pistons can be cut in car. There's a couple places that sell the tool.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
They can. And one of the nicest things about Fords is that they usually don't need the reliefs to be very deep.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts