Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFR has answered the popularity of Chinese heads. Better parts also:

Looks like its identical casting that Skip white offers,That blue print engines offers,and same identical casting that can be purchased on Ebay as well from direct vendors overseas usually costing around 185.00 a piece delivered.

I do like the fact that afr builds them with their valves,and hardware for an affordable price of 540.00 a piece.Ive done hours and hours of math on these castings and so far the last few sets that I've worked with (going on 4 years now)seem to be pretty darn consistent for a budget friendly better then 80 percent of the offerings 20 years ago performance head.Def could use some touching up,I'm working with a set now pics available before and after upon requests.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I wonder if these AFR heads perform like the old AFR heads from 2001-10 before the cnc renegade line. Are these simply the original AFR heads?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if these AFR heads perform like the old AFR heads from 2001-10 before the cnc renegade line. Are these simply the original AFR heads?
No I believe these to be a head that showed up roughly 4 years ago or abouts and to me it looks a lot like the older Dart 195 pro 1 head when they had the multiple bolt hole pattern for the header. I've worked with a have dozen sets and im surprised at how nice the machining actually is.

If you remember a few years back patriot heads had a as cast version of the afr 185 head that did pretty well when used within their capacity.

Is it a game changer?probably not but it's better then 90 percent of the junk that was around in the 90s and early 2000s.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Beat us...it could go either way.

But...as a used car salesman told me decades ago...there's a seat for every butt.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Not all China products are garbage. But many are. In the manufacturing world any manufacturer, regardless of the Nation it resides in, is only going to produce a product as nice as the buyer is willing to pay for.

If you pay crap prices and don't police quality, you get crap product to sell.

If AFR truly does quality control, uses good parts, and stands behind the product they sell, it almost doesn't matter where is comes from in my book.

The bottom line is when your number one or largest concern is the price, you will get exactly what you pay for.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts

·
Old timer
5,874 Posts
If anyone actually believes the "Renegade" heads are Chicom castings, I have a bridge I can sell ya...

The "Enforcer" series are Chicom castings but not the "Renegade" series.

You can't possible be that stupid to think you can buy a casting for $5... ;)

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

·
Old timer
5,874 Posts
Reactions: 2dxtrm

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
No need for "reading glasses" boy... (nice edit BTW)

Those Chicom "pictures" of the Renegade heads are $1 each and minimum of five ... Hence the $5 comment...

But you keep thinking that this is real...

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I want some of what you're smoking if I think that Chicom **** is real. Waste of scrap metal.
I will take my chances with a set of E7s or GT40 heads before any of that Chicom produced scrap no matter which good ol boy is peddling it.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I want some of what you're smoking if I think that Chicom **** is real. Waste of scrap metal.
I will take my chances with a set of E7s or GT40 heads before any of that Chicom produced scrap no matter which good ol boy is peddling it.
That's cool. In every race...someone has to lose.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts