Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a stock 2002 F150 HD, will be using it as a truck, not a daily driver, budget is under 10k, I found one that has 180k miles for a good price, with that mileage what would you look for, not the original owner so service history is unknown.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I'd be looking for any excessive blow by as they are supercharged. Check that the intercooler pump is working(easy, open the little tank on the passenger side of the fan shroud and see if water is flowing around), state of the transmission(the 4R100 is good, but if it's been beat on for years, it may need some love), does the Overdrive switch work(easy fix if it doesn't), suspension is probably tired at that point, again, easy fix. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
I have a 2002 HD with plenty of work done, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. Not sure where you are in CA, but I'm in SoCal, OC area.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up getting a DSG 02 with 86k miles for 12k, glad I waited it out. What are some necessary mods to make sure it stays reliable, not looking for any power upgrades anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Intercooler pump, clean the intercooler, tune up, trans service(may as well do a valve body and 4x4 trans pan), get an oil seperator. That's about all I can think of.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got around to modding the truck, cleaned up the engine bay and adding some go fast parts. This forums pretty much dead, last post was back in Dec. figured I'd add something to it.

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
Looks damn good man!

Intercooler pump, clean the intercooler, tune up, trans service(may as well do a valve body and 4x4 trans pan), get an oil seperator. That's about all I can think of.
^What he said. And if you don't already have a CAI for it, get an AEM Bruteforce. It's a dyno proven 20.7 hp increase at the wheels on a Harley edition and had a 98mm tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts